ForumsPopular MediaWhat are the best movie quotes of all time.

142 70473
Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Best Movie Quotes ?

• 142 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Frank: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.
Donnie: Why?

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

Not sure if it's exact, but.....

"Who's Bill Murray?"

"I have never punched a kid before, ok?"
---------------------------------------------------------
Col. Nathan R. Jessep: You cant handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty, We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punch line. I have neither the time,or the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleep under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a ****, what you think you are entitled to.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

"And don't call me Shirley" -- Leslie Nielsen, as Rumack, in Airplane!

(On a sidenote, there's something about how we never cite the actual screenwriters, isn't there, but rather the actor/director/movie title whatever. Yes, I do it too, you'll have noticed, hence my observation.)

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I'm going to destroy the forest.
But I'm only going to do it once, so try to pay attention.

Splendid, isn't it. Funny thing is it rings such a bell, but there's no way I can know this movie Epic that it's from.

Anyone, is that an in-movie reference?
abt79
abt79
59 posts
Blacksmith

"Ideas are bulletproof" -V
"I just want to wish you good luck. We're all counting on you." -Shirley from Airplane
"I once ate some fiberglass insulation. It wasn't cotton candy." -Brick Tamland
"I am a god, and I will not be bullied by some big g-OOF ACH OW DOOF AUG oww...." -Loki

abt79
abt79
59 posts
Blacksmith

More:
"Take the four dollars man!" -The dude, The Big Lebowski
"Watch out for that first step, it's a doozy!" -Ned Ryerson

abt79
abt79
59 posts
Blacksmith

So many more:
"They have spears twice as long as a man!" "Yes, but some men are longer then others"

"Ah, and some men's spears are longer then others"
-Braveheart, one of the less memorable quotes

"Good Morning. And if I don't see you again, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night!" -Truman Burbank

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a ****!" -Rhett Butler

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Not strictly a movie quote, but: From Discovery's "How The Universe Works" or somesuch, roughly,

"If life is discovered elsewhere in our solar system, this will disprove once and for all that life is unique to earth."

I swear. LOL.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Postal is a sucky movie, but it has a few good quotes.

"T1: The fat man is at the buffet!
T2: What?
T1: I repeat, the fat man is at the buffet!
T2: What the **** are you talking about?!
T1: The van is at the entrance, *******!"

-The Terrorists

"Postal Dude: Look, I'm chased by an apocaliptic cult and Terrorists!
Girl: Yeah right...
Terorist: JIHAD!
Cultist: APOCALYPSE!
*shoots both of them*
Girl: OK, I believe you now...

xberstarton
xberstarton
20 posts
Nomad

Thank you... for teaching me what I'm fighting for; but my father taught me how.

- Oliver Queen

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

"Kiri, kiri, kiri..." -- Eihi Shiina, as Yamazaki Asami, in Audition (Ådishon) O_o

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

"Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!" - Dale Arden in Flash Gordon

carrera9
carrera9
10 posts
Nomad

Let off some steam Bennett...
(arnold schwarzenegger)

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

"I had the best teacher."

"Bull****! You had the best!"

-From Eraser

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Ed Tom Bell: Alright. What we circulate? Lookin' for a man who has recently drunk milk?

No country for old men.

Showing 106-120 of 142