ForumsGamesTeam Fortress 2

8 3142
MaticX
MaticX
41 posts
Nomad

Any of you played it, its a fun multiplayer FPS.

• 8 Replies
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I've played it, great online game. My only issues with it is that my graphics card isn't good enough for it and everything that isn't objects turns green. I've been confined to playing the game on my Xbox 360, and it isn't nearly as good.

To add a bit more to the description, the game is Free-to-Play on Steam, but not on the Xbox, it's strictly online, aside from class tutorials. Very class-based game with a decent amount of strategy needed to succeed. Being Free, the graphics are not perfect, but who cares? It's free. Classes are very balanced, no superiority outside of desired situations.

There is no ADS without a Sniper Rifle, Valve does that a lot. It all depends on the weapon's secondary ability. Certain classes can do things aside from attack, such as the Engineer and the Medic-which build defences and heal other players, respectively.

The funding for the game comes mainly from the in-game store. The objects you buy have no influence on gameplay but make things look a little different, like a new hat. The maps are fairly large, and the most notorious game mode is where one team defends the 2 objectives, and the other team captures them. The game continues for three rounds with the same teams defending and capturing, with each round proceeding deeper into the map. After which the teams switch sides and the map resets.

It is best played with a team who knows what they're doing, even if you don't. It's a little harder to get the hang of then other FPS games. Although, there are harder.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

graphics are not perfect

I think the graphics are great they went for a cartoony style and pulled it off great especially when you run it at full spec it looks awesome but I guess because you can't run it well on your pc you can't really tell

There is no ADS without a Sniper Rifle

The majority of PC games dont need to have ads because with a mouse your more accurate ADS is mainly to help console players keep on target I don't think their are any console exclusive games that dont ADS and that is why.

I personally think TF2 is a great game whether your being a lone wolf or playing with a team I love the way each class has its own style like the scout is great for rushing the spy is great for stealth I think there is something for everyone in TF2 whether is collecting hats or turning people into toast as the pyro.

Also what does everyone think of MvM I love it mainly because you upgrade any weapon until it cuts through robots like a knife through butter.
Jugg_Commando
Jugg_Commando
96 posts
Nomad

http://www.extelevision.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Team-Fortress-2.jpg

Just... Awesome.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Also what does everyone think of MvM I love it mainly because you upgrade any weapon until it cuts through robots like a knife through butter.

M&M is fun as hell, i also love upgrades, so much fun playing as an engie and wrangling your sentry, mowing over all them robots :P

anywho i play here, i probably payed for more than a few salaries at TF2, who knew that i would be so compelled to buy something as useless for gameplay as a hat, but they are so much fun

i have to say, it is indeed the worlds #1 War themed hat simulator
Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

i think everyone shoud play just a class each and hope that they surrive the robots on mvm

portarto
portarto
87 posts
Herald

Over 500 hours played and I'm still learning new stuff, gaining new hats and having a great time. Top 5 game of all time.

TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

Nah looks cool though,

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

We don't need people posting to two different threads on the same subject. Please use this one instead:

Showing 1-8 of 8