ForumsThe TavernI'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

8 2318
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

What is the best way you have ever said no? This is to anything; work, study, a game, whatever. What's the best, or funniest, way that you said "No!"?

• 8 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

This happened a few weeks ago at work. I was tired, had a lot of things to do and nobody was helping me. Hence, I was in a really bad mood. My immediate superior asked me to do a task, a task she always does and I never do because it's not my responsibility.
I told her something that can be translated into English as: "I can't help you because it would be a violation of one of my moral principles: ensure that my aid actually reaches those in deep need. Unfortunately, you're not in deep need. I'm sorry".

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

the best way i said no was this-
i was at my friends house for dinner and he told me to pick up his dogs poo.

i just said, wtf!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

So my mom asked me to do something stupid that I don't remember. I said something like, "Women, I'm a young child with a bright future. I could be helping to cure cancer right now, but instead you make me do dirty work?"
That went over well.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

So my mom asked me to do something stupid that I don't remember. I said something like, "Women, I'm a young child with a bright future. I could be helping to cure cancer right now, but instead you make me do dirty work?"
That went over well.

Haha, what did your mom do to you after that?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Haha, what did your mom do to you after that?

She came to her senses and let me go. Later, I sucsesfully found the cure to butt-cancer.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I tend to run away when I'm asked to do something I really have absolutely no desire to do. People don't tend to mind because I'm fat and they get a good laugh out of it.

PurpleSquishy
PurpleSquishy
150 posts
Shepherd

I am disillusioned by the unimaginative nature of the request proposed within. So the answer is "NO".

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A number of ways actually...

-A friend asked me to do something, I stared at him and just started laughing (in a "you really think I'm goin' to do that? way). He asked if that meant no and I repeated

-A friend asked me to do something, just starred at 'em blankly

-Friend asked me to do something and I replied "yeah sure"...friend replied along the lines of "you will?!" and I responded quickly "nope"

-(now I'll just skip to my way of saying no) Eyes opened somewhat wide...staring...then "I love you" in a way a deranged person would say it

-Cutting them off mid-sentence with a "NOPE!" and a big smile

-Lookin at 'em and then with a straight face "Praise Jesus! Lord of the Underworld!"

Showing 1-8 of 8