23 posts
Nomad

whats your favorite metal band?

• 18 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

hmmm,it is either bring me the horizon or falling in reverse,or black veil brides.agghhhh its a 3 way tie between those three

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Venom, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Nightwish, Tiamat, Hammerfall, Metallica, Meggusah, Dimmu Borghir, Cradle of Fitlh, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Mastadon, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Death Stars, Gothminster, Moonspell, My Dying Bride, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, HIM, Mayhem, Emperor, Suicide Silence, amongst others.

Also into metalcore, but those teens aren't always really metal. Strangely I love modern pop, club, dance music at the same time.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

System of a Down (favorite by far)

Dir en Grey (2nd place)

(honorable mentions) Gojira, Deftones, Avenged Sevenfold, Dethklok, Rammstein, and Arch Enemy

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

I would say Iron Maiden is the best.

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

Remind me to never ask any of you for band suggestions.

Stratovarius, Bloodbath, Opeth, Disillusion, Agalloch, Death, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, and Autopsy, among many many others that simply elude my tongue right now.

Cherezig
Cherezig
58 posts
Nomad

maudlin of The Well, Kayo Dot, Mr. Bungle, Agalloch

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmm, my favorite would be Lamb of God. That would be my favorite most definitely.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

machine head all the way.
ive been whit them in their tour bus for over 2 hours after their show once. something i will never forget in my life. it was 1 of the greatest things that happened to me.

soulfly is 2nd. ive been whit max to the coffeeshop to buy some weed. and after the show went backstage whit them to have some fun the rest of the night. playing some pool, darts, drinking game, the story's those guys have are just great.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

my favorites:

meshuggah, opeth, tool, iron maiden, mastodon, emperor, etc.

@nicho-I went to a suicide silence concert once, and in my opinion, they didn't put on a very good show. the music all sounded the same (riffs and all), and the singer couldn't growl in the microphone without cupping his hands around it, and he kept on going on and on about how baked he was. he tried to get a circle pit going, but very few actually joined in. afterwards, machine head came in, and the entire crowd roared. it was the most fun I had in ages. then megadeth came on, and I had fun then as well.

-Blade

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@nicho-I went to a suicide silence concert once, and in my opinion, they didn't put on a very good show. the music all sounded the same (riffs and all), and the singer couldn't growl in the microphone without cupping his hands around it, and he kept on going on and on about how baked he was. he tried to get a circle pit going, but very few actually joined in. afterwards, machine head came in, and the entire crowd roared. it was the most fun I had in ages. then megadeth came on, and I had fun then as well.

They do sound great when they're not live so I'm not fussed.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

They do sound great when they're not live

kinda like system of a down?
the really suck big time live, but on album they are 1 of the best out there.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

kinda like system of a down?
the really suck big time live

I'm goin to have to strongly disagree with you on this. The only time I've ever heard them sound bad live was when they did a concert for MTV, and they did that on purpose because of their strong dislike for them.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I'm goin to have to strongly disagree with you on this. The only time I've ever heard them sound bad live was when they did a concert for MTV, and they did that on purpose because of their strong dislike for them.

ive seen them live twice.
and both times it really sucked.
mainly because the drummer was singing (what he always does live) and no1 shut up his mic. he can't sing and ruins the concerts they give.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Led Zeppelin has a great sound. I don't care for much modern metal music but Zeppelin is one of my favorite bands out of any genre.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

mainly because the drummer was singing (what he always does live) and no1 shut up his mic. he can't sing and ruins the concerts they give.

Are you sure you saw System of a Down? I am a huge fan of the band and have seen many of their live concerts and NEVER have I seen John sing. In fact, almost the entire time he will keep his face in like a dead serious state so that he can focus on keeping the beat.
Showing 1-15 of 18