ForumsWEPR[NECRO] Christian and I'm Proud?

31 13227
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I have noticed a huge trend among internet users who are christian. they are now starting to "come out" about their christianity, and quite frankly, I find it funny that they think they're in danger on the internet. but I want to know why this trend is suddenly occuring. why is it that christians are suddenly deciding that christianity is under fire, when a majority of people on this very planet are christian as well? is it the fact that they are seeing people besides christians on the internet, which makes them feel like a minority?

to clarify, I'm not against christianity, I'm against stupid trends. one that happens to involve christians.

-Blade

• 31 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Good question.... I dont know really. Lots of people just get but hurt over things. It could be simply that here, on AG, a majority of the christians are new users. It might simply be that they are just telling us...
I havent really noticed this much blade.
You mad bro?
[url=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/78/Trollface.svg/200px-Trollface.svg.png]

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i guess they came to see that they can't win debates anymore.
starting to question themselves and get mad at atheists for causing it.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I havent really noticed this much blade.
You mad bro?

it's not as common on here, but the majority of these instances are on sites like facebook and twitter. it might become more common here, but I'm hoping it won't.

-Blade
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

i guess they came to see that they can't win debates anymore.
starting to question themselves and get mad at atheists for causing it.

See? we are just having a peaceful conversation and then BAM you throw that line in their. Do you know how hard it is to make people laugh over serious discussions and arguments?
Blade, I found your problem.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

it's not as common on here, but the majority of these instances are on sites like facebook and twitter. it might become more common here, but I'm hoping it won't.

No... I still havent seen much. Maybe its just my school then...
What I see are the Mormon adds on youtube that I commonly misread as "moron". Its nothing personal, but honestly I dont care just let me watch my video!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Evangelicism has been on the rise in the USA for years. Nothing new. They're just moving into the internet.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I don't really understand where you're coming from. Do you mean people are suddenly just going "OHOHOHOHOH I'M CHRISTIAN"?

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I don't really understand where you're coming from. Do you mean people are suddenly just going "OHOHOHOHOH I'M CHRISTIAN"?

It's like that, but in a more dignified way.

-Blade
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Well, religion is a massive talking point on the internet, so maybe it's just that people are becoming more involved in discussions. It surely can't just be Christians.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I personally fail to see why it even matters what religion on tends to follow/not have. Why bring it up? No one has to.

Yet people always volunteer it. For some reason or another. On the internet.

You do know that is is hard enough to talk about religion (or even politics for that matter) with someone you know in person? So who thought it would be a great idea to broadcast such things over the internet to complete and utter strangers who are more than likely wankers?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

You do know that is is hard enough to talk about religion (or even politics for that matter) with someone you know in person? So who thought it would be a great idea to broadcast such things over the internet to complete and utter strangers who are more than likely wankers?

Thanks Dev, definitely just spat water over my keyboard.

See I find it interesting to talk about Religion in person. It's better on the internet because there's always going to be conflicting viewpoints which makes it a good discussion.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Thanks Dev, definitely just spat water over my keyboard.

I was coughing uncontrollably, but that's because I am sick.

Anyway, Christians? A minority? The large portion of Internet users resides in the U.S., and a large portion of the U.S. is usually Christian, to some extent.

Do pray for me, I feel like death warmed up (tea isn't helping that simile)
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

See? we are just having a peaceful conversation and then BAM you throw that line in their.

what line in where?
and i was 3rd post, you guys hardly even began a conversation yet.

Do you know how hard it is to make people laugh over serious discussions and arguments?

not that hard really.

my problem? what problem?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Unless they congregate in certain Forums that cater to politics or relion or what not.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

what line in where?

This one, "starting to question themselves and get mad at atheists for causing it."

my problem? what problem?

How did you get &quotartydevil, I found your problem?"

Anyways, I asked deathbewithyou about a similar point. According to him...

"christians often think they are alone on a website, at school, or anywhere else."

"Sure they can make friends with one another but they will rather want friends who can come to an agreement with them."

"want to make friends with other christians"

While there may be an evangelical part, at least some of it appears to be a simple extension to the internet now of people who feel strongly about their beliefs. Take from that what you will I suppose.
Showing 1-15 of 31