forums are dying due to loss of people

WHATS GOING ON?

• 67 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

by it I mean you being IP banned for some time

Here,Killersup will send a direct quote from the e-mail he got back.

In an ongoing attempt to fight spam we have implemented a few user validation measures. After doing this we found that some accounts were being incorrectly flagged as using an IP address known for spamming. We have now resolved this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any issues please contact us at help@armorgames.com.

Thanks

AG Staffr

*staff hehe AG admins can write 500 lines of code in a few hours but they can't speel staff right XD
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Here is what they said to Killersup in his e-mail.

In an ongoing attempt to fight spam we have implemented a few user validation measures. After doing this we found that some accounts were being incorrectly flagged as using an IP address known for spamming. We have now resolved this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and if you have any issues please contact us at help@armorgames.com.

Thanks

AG Staffr

*staff its funny how AG admins can write 500 lines of code a day and then misspell staff XD
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

*staff its funny how AG admins can write 500 lines of code a day and then misspell staff XD
[quote]The reason they misspelled it is because they write 500 lines of code a day.

off-topic, but what happened to ag3?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

off-topic, but what happened to ag3?

The Beta was shut down, but that does not mean there will be no AG3. As far as I know, the admins are still working on AG3, but they are not updating us on AG3.

The reason they misspelled it is because they write 500 lines of code a day.

I don't see how writing code can ruin the admins' ability to spell.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Is anyone else having trouble loading new threads and latest posts and getting their AP? I have to hit refresh so that the most recent threads show up and i have to hit it once again once i'm in for the posts to show up .

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Is anyone else having trouble loading new threads and latest posts and getting their AP? I have to hit refresh so that the most recent threads show up and i have to hit it once again once i'm in for the posts to show up .

The forum update glitch has been around for a while, but the AP glitch is relatively new. The AP glitch requires you to update your profile and do an AP-earning action to update AP. Some claim that it will still automatically update daily, but this is not proven.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

As far as I know, the admins are still working on AG3, but they are not updating us on AG3

They work a lot like me. Im told to do it now, I say "ok" and do it 40 minuets later....
Who cares. It will happen when it happens. The bugs will go away eventually. We ALL see them, chill. Its an AP lag, big whoop. The only reason im still here, which I think is your reason as well, is because the community is great. Not the forums so much, but us. Modestly speaking of coarse.
ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

A growing neglection from the staff over the recent years ranging from problems and glitches to the site to suggestions from users have been the main problem, in my opinion. As Ernie said, I don't believe it's even hit rock bottom yet though. If they don't get AG3 out soon, if ever, I'm afraid for the fate of the AG community.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

God, all these kids thinking they can address problems, you've been here not even a month, how do you know if the forums are dying, you have nothing to compare them to, maybe this is how they always where, you don't know, you're just throwing up what someone else said

i have been here for more than 6 months
i was caught in that glitch for not updating the password evertime you fix your profile
when i sratred forums were not to bad
but i have noticed a decrease in forums

the vets covered it,

I AM A VETERAN!!!

I feel really bad for all you new members all we do now is talk about the old days!

IM NOT NEW!!!

NOTE:
EVERYONE I AM NOT NEW. I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 9 MONTHS
GO tO SUPERBOB111'S PROFILE AND LOOK AT THE LAST COMMENT POSTED THERE. READ IT AND THE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND. I WAS CAUGHT IN THAT PUTTING THE PASSWORD IN WHEN YOU UPDATE YOUR PROFILE. I MAY OF NOT BEEN HERE SINCE 2010 BUT I CAN SEE THE DIFFENECE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN. PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING.

THANK YOU

Is anyone else having trouble loading new threads and latest posts and getting their AP? I have to hit refresh so that the most recent threads show up and i have to hit it once again once i'm in for the posts to show up

i am

Not the forums so much, but us. Modestly speaking of coarse

thats another reason i am here
i met some really good friends here
AG is a great place

A growing neglection from the staff over the recent years ranging from problems and glitches to the site to suggestions from users have been the main problem, in my opinion. As Ernie said, I don't believe it's even hit rock bottom yet though. If they don't get AG3 out soon, if ever, I'm afraid for the fate of the AG community.

that makes me wonder how many users actually go into the community and use it

also im surpriserd no one talked about Cenere

and sorry i got a little angry earlier i just was so mad AG and some of its users were treating me like i know nothing.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

The reason they misspelled it is because they write 500 lines of code a day

Killersup wrote that wrong,opps.
alexandrica
alexandrica
100 posts
Nomad

Is anyone else having trouble loading new threads and latest posts and getting their AP? I have to hit refresh so that the most recent threads show up and i have to hit it once again once i'm in for the posts to show up

yeah i have the prblem with the threads too but if i can't see one or mximum 2 threads isn't annoying me and i never noticed the "AP lag",everytime when i ceck my account i have the normal ammount of AP points or it is so small than i not notice.

Could not change armatars

i have no problem like this one.whenever i changed my armatar it changed

cannot log in thingy

again i don't ever had this problem.whenever i logged in it logged in.

so many people have lost their account because off that password thing

i think that i am lying but i never had this problem too.i just have a good password.(my name+my brother's nickname)(i don't think that the hackers know many romanian names :P)

the only thing that happened to me was the glicth with the IP ban but it resolved fast (my IP is changing everytime i restart my PC)so these problems aren't happening to all of us.

about the forums i am not avtive from a long time but i see that from the last weeks it starts to don't have something to do in the forums (except talking about the AG problems and about Xbox 360 and other consoles that i don't have)

-Alexandrica the archer-
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I AM A VETERAN!!!

Veteran tends to refer to people who have been on the site a couple of years.

I don't know why you commented on my profile to show me what you had written as if I was going to offer you great words of wisdom. I can't help the problems you're experiencing as I myself, along with every other user are also experiencing them. The point I made in my comment here was there's simply nothing we can do about it. They'll be fixed when they're fixed and I don't see them as life-changing issues.

Once again, Cenere, the babe that he is, can't offer you any help. Even if he were still mod. Mods can't fix the problems on AG. They have as much contact with the Admins as we do.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Where the heck has the Delete Comment icon gone? O.O

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Where the heck has the Delete Comment icon gone? O.O

It comes and goes, I for one can see it on everyone's profile but mine, however if I go into the CP and update my profile it'll appear for me until I close out of the browser.

NOTE:
GO tO SUPERBOB111'S PROFILE AND LOOK AT THE LAST COMMENT POSTED THERE. READ IT AND THE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND. I WAS CAUGHT IN THAT PUTTING THE PASSWORD IN WHEN YOU UPDATE YOUR PROFILE. I MAY OF NOT BEEN HERE SINCE 2010 BUT I CAN SEE THE DIFFENECE BETWEEN NOW AND THEN. PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING.

THANK YOU

Please don't scream it's rude.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I AM A VETERAN!!!

Dude, I have been here for nearly two years and I dont consider myself a veteran at all.
Yelling at us doesnt help your condition sir.

Meh. Its been a slow, steady decline since then. Seems about the summer of 2011 when I really noticed it.
users were treating me like i know nothing.

...Dude, this guy totally knows nothing/ sarcasm

Everyone talked to him, then he wasnt a mod no more
Showing 31-45 of 67