ForumsWEPRWhat will happen when the world's armies run out of oil?

77 23567
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I've been pondering this question for a while. Title says it all. What will happen when there is no oil for the world's militaries? I mean an effective lack of oil, where nothing can be run, and there are no reserves, and no secret caches to be found. No oil, period.

I especially wonder what will happen to the air forces and navies.

• 77 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

The Israeli Merkava isn't as advanced as the Abrams, and relies heavily upon ERA as oppossed to the composite and depleted uranium armour of the US Abrams.

Because as crazy as it sounds, a Merkava isn't an Abrams! Shocking, I know.

Still not responding to my points.

I was addressing daneilo's point.
My argument was that M! abrams is not invincible either and you have accepted it.
Case Closed.
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

I was addressing daneilo's point.
My argument was that M! abrams is not invincible either and you have accepted it.
Case Closed.

Except that you quoted my own post, I responded, than you quoted my own post again. And danielo hasn't posted for two and a half pages.

Of course not, and I never said they were. What I have been trying to get you to understand for this entire thread is that your assertion of an infantryman armed with the weaponized equivalent of a pebble could go full Rambo on a company of Abrams is horrifically, grossly, astronomically and infinitesimally wrong.

We're not done until I say we're done. And that'll be when you check back into reality, if ever.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Except that you quoted my own post, I responded, than you quoted my own post again. And danielo hasn't posted for two and a half pages.

Of course not, and I never said they were. What I have been trying to get you to understand for this entire thread is that your assertion of an infantryman armed with the weaponized equivalent of a pebble could go full Rambo on a company of Abrams is horrifically, grossly, astronomically and infinitesimally wrong.

We're not done until I say we're done. And that'll be when you check back into reality, if ever

Dan said
Im affraid to say punisher, but with all of today technoligy, tis very very very hard to destroy a tank not by air force or heavy artilary.

So long the days wher a boy could throw a molotoc cocktail from his window and destroy a tank, or an ambush by guarilla bazooka team could stop an advancing army.

there is a new equipment for tanks made in Israel, its called wind coat. its shoot off anti tanks missles and other threat. RPG will be almost useless now.

an averge militia cannot stop an Abraams, even that this tasnk is far from perfect. maybe an assult on the tank himself in an urban enviorment may work, but i doubt it

I said
Lebanon war says other wise.
Also I admit a tank can not be completely destroy with out an artillary strike or etc but it can be rendered immobile.
When you are being pounded by a tank, you don't destroy it for fun, you destroy it to save yourself.

You got some memory issues get your head checked
ans spare me the theatrics.
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."

-Socrates

You ignore most of my points, and when you do respond its eiher to make a stereotype, advance a libel, slander, or otherwise diagnose your opponent wih some affliction or disease. What little credibility you ever had just diminishes every day. A piece of swiss cheese has less holes than your arguments, when you ever boher to make them. lolololol

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."

-Socrates

You ignore most of my points, and when you do respond its eiher to make a stereotype, advance a libel, slander, or otherwise diagnose your opponent wih some affliction or disease. What little credibility you ever had just diminishes every day. A piece of swiss cheese has less holes than your arguments, when you ever boher to make them. lolololol

Talking with you is waste of my time.
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

Talking with you is waste of my time.

Except that conversation would imply a certain level on intelligence on your part, which seems to be lacking.
paddyh1
paddyh1
1 posts
Nomad

Well ive looked into this myself and have found that diesal can be produced using:grass, wood chippings, algea and many mory.Of couse this will be extremely expensive and only certain sevicees will be allowd, like the paramdeics, fire fighters and the army, to use them so the genaral public will not use them for at least 50 years

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Well ive looked into this myself and have found that diesal can be produced using:grass, wood chippings, algea and many mory.Of couse this will be extremely expensive and only certain sevicees will be allowd, like the paramdeics, fire fighters and the army, to use them so the genaral public will not use them for at least 50 years

Coal can be converted to diesel too, my country is thinking of doing that.
zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

Truthfully I think that humanity will adapt when we run out of oil we will find something else rather quickly. The only reason we haven't found one yet is because we don't have a large enough need.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I think that the answer is simple. If the world's armies run out of oil, they'll go back to fighting like they did before they had oil. Soldiers do run out of resources on the battlefield and go on fighting with what they've got left. Oil is not needed in a war. The motivation to wage war is.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The only reason we haven't found one yet is because we don't have a large enough need.

Because..y'know..hydro-power, electric-power, wind-power, solar-power, etc. don't exist anymore
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Because..y'know..hydro-power, electric-power, wind-power, solar-power, etc. don't exist anymore

Good one
zeus999
zeus999
31 posts
Shepherd

no I mean the only reason it is not a main source of energy relied upon and advanced enough to sustain a society.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

no I mean the only reason it is not a main source of energy relied upon and advanced enough to sustain a society.

Norway runs on 98% hudro power
brazil on 85%
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A big reason for not using other sources as the main source (looking at USA here..) isn't because of a lack of need...but because of a surplus of greed. Oil racks in more money
Showing 61-75 of 77