ForumsProgramming ForumNormal FPS?

9 4760
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Just wondering what everyone thinks a normal FPS for a game is? I tend to use 25 to 32 depending on how I am feeling!

• 9 Replies
Sharkbate
Sharkbate
379 posts
Peasant

Thats a little too much.How about 16-24?Thats how it is for most games.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well, when i play games for PC like halp, half-life, COD4, ..etc. I am usually getting around 90-120 Frame per second. Guess that's how i always get head shots lol.

MikeVarilek
MikeVarilek
36 posts
Nomad

for a flash game? 18,24,30 or anywhere in-between would be normal

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

The eye can not tell the difference between framerate after about 24 FPS. I usually like to stick with 30 FPS though.

bluestriker
bluestriker
7 posts
Nomad

I use around 30 FPS myself because the animations appear much smoother and of higher quality. Only downside is that this could require more work on your side, depending on the situation.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

IS getting such high FPS bad? Like in halo 1 and 2 i usually hit 112 as my max peak. Flash game's, i mainly get mid 30's

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

PC games operate at various speeds because the environment they run in can fluctuate.

Blockhead
Blockhead
110 posts
Nomad

It is useless to have fps greater than 30 since your eyes fps is, well, 30.

Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

It is said that the human eye can only see 24 fps. (got that from an animation teacher, I study in 3d animation). The thing is, if you put an animation at 40 fps you WILL see the difference, so all this is bullshit. Sticking to 30 fps would be great.

Showing 1-9 of 9