ForumsWEPR[NECRO] Should the Cloning of Humans be allowed?

54 18287
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Another topic I think was weird.

In my opinion, I think it shouldn't be allowed. We are already overpopulated as it is.

• 54 Replies
Blackbeltr0FAN
Blackbeltr0FAN
6 posts
Nomad

no absolutaly not why do u guy sdo thi sit is weird even for a 17 year old like moi

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

genetically speaking it would be us bu otherwise the clone would be an entirely different person. it would be a bit like suddenly having a twin.

A fun experience I can tell you.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

But will your clone have the same life experience, knowledge, good and bad habits, etc. I think we need to know more about humans before doing it. I can't imagine having a discussion with myself 2.0
That would be weird!
If we could clone ourselves while we're healthy so we can change body parts as they become defective, that would be useful but how would you feel about the poor clone? A little creepy don't you think?

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Keep in mind that the cloning process isn't enitrely useful. Clones can't survive long enough to reach a normal human's years. That proves the organ useful to a certain extent.

just something to work on. that can be fixed probably.

But will your clone have the same life experience, knowledge, good and bad habits, etc.

i guess not. i think like a baby. it has never learned things and it never made the connections in it's brain yet.

if we could clone ourselves while we're healthy so we can change body parts as they become defective, that would be useful but how would you feel about the poor clone? A little creepy don't you think?

sucks to be a clone then. knowing your just 2nd ranked. and if must, they kill you to fix up that other dude. =/
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

But will your clone have the same life experience, knowledge, good and bad habits, etc. I think we need to know more about humans before doing it. I can't imagine having a discussion with myself 2.0
That would be weird!
If we could clone ourselves while we're healthy so we can change body parts as they become defective, that would be useful but how would you feel about the poor clone? A little creepy don't you think?

We could perhaps just grow or clone organs; as research is geared towards now anyway.
LegoMyLego27
LegoMyLego27
100 posts
Shepherd

What about in the future? What if we run into an alien race that is hostile? Or need to populate a planet? Cloning should be allowed.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

But will your clone have the same life experience, knowledge, good and bad habits, etc.

No, the clone is a genetic one, changes made that do not influence your genetics would not carry on to your clone.

What if we run into an alien race that is hostile?

Too long to clone more people in such a case, either we settle the hostilities or we are screwed.

Or need to populate a planet?

Why should we need clones for that?

Cloning should be allowed.

I see no utility at all in cloning humans. Cloning single body parts and organs however should be allowed, sure.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Or need to populate a planet?

why should we ever want to overpopulate the planet?
if 6 billion die tomorrow then in some way it would be a good thing.

I see no utility at all in cloning humans. Cloning single body parts and organs however should be allowed, sure.

ditto
boomer549
boomer549
27 posts
Peasant

Although I don't think we should be able to clone entire human bodies, I think just cloning organs and muscles(If possible) would provide a great use to the medical field. Plus, it might put more jobs on the market. Maybe. I may have to do more "Solid" research.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

why should we ever want to overpopulate the planet?

I assume LegoMyLego27 meant to populate a different planet that we colonize in the future, not Earth.

Even then, there's really no reason to use cloning for that. We have more than enough people on this planet as it is. If we acquire the technology required to colonize another planet and make it habitable by humans, we could easily transport millions of people there in half the time it would take to clone one person.
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I like the idea of talking to myself, but beyond that, it should stick to organs and muscles.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I don't like the idea of "Human Cloning", it is weird. The fact of taking the DNA of a natural life forum and creating a artificial life form just turns me off, but this depends. My main issues with cloning is how clones are, what I mean is like if the clone is evil or corrupt and starts going nuts and gets a grenade or starts shooting everyone like Rambo. If clones are well trained (if you can even do that to a clone) and not insane then I can put up with it, but I am not sure if I would ever get use to the idea of a person I know having a clone, it is just weird to me..

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I would like to talk to myself...

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

if 6 billion die tomorrow then in some way it would be a good thing.

How? Please, enlighten me.

My main issues with cloning is how clones are, what I mean is like if the clone is evil or corrupt and starts going nuts and gets a grenade or starts shooting everyone like Rambo. If clones are well trained (if you can even do that to a clone) and not insane then I can put up with it, but I am not sure if I would ever get use to the idea of a person I know having a clone, it is just weird to me..

Wait, what?

They would simply be genetic twins, not artificial humans that aren't on equal footing. Short of evil Umbrella Corporation from a dystopian world the idea is that the clones would be raised and treated like normal children, as far as I'm concerned, there wouldn't be a distinction between clone and original. It's also worth noting that if a clone did become insane it would only be as a result of the genetic mutation they experienced as a result of their environment, since you know, apparently they original turned out fine. Although it is probable that if doctors are actually able to clone humans perfectly, they will be able to remove the triggers for various mental and physical diseases that plague humans.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

How? Please, enlighten me.

-whit all the stuff we got now. everyone would be able to live like a king.
-we wont be destroying the earth anymore.
-everyone has a job.
-there are more chances for someone to be successful.
-we wont be destroying the earth anymore.

it's mainly a good thing for the earth.
Showing 16-30 of 54