ForumsWEPR[NECRO] Should the Cloning of Humans be allowed?

54 18294
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Another topic I think was weird.

In my opinion, I think it shouldn't be allowed. We are already overpopulated as it is.

• 54 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No Never Ever Never Ever

Want to elaborate?

moral/ethic issues will only arise whit what we will do whit him.

Hopefully it would just be a first-hand observation on his thinking patterns and learning capabilities
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Hopefully it would just be a first-hand observation on his thinking patterns and learning capabilities

thats nice. but what if your done observing that? what is next?
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Given the current circumstances I would say no.
If we were on the brink of destroying ourselves, I would need to know if the cloned people were still able to reproduce because sometimes cloned things can't reproduce then what is the point? I think it would also increase the amount of deseises and I do not think they will ever be able to clone a human.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

yes, i think we should!

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Wait, what?

They would simply be genetic twins, not artificial humans that aren't on equal footing. Short of evil Umbrella Corporation from a dystopian world the idea is that the clones would be raised and treated like normal children, as far as I'm concerned, there wouldn't be a distinction between clone and original. It's also worth noting that if a clone did become insane it would only be as a result of the genetic mutation they experienced as a result of their environment, since you know, apparently they original turned out fine. Although it is probable that if doctors are actually able to clone humans perfectly, they will be able to remove the triggers for various mental and physical diseases that plague humans.

Hmm, I still don't like the concept. Your fabricating a human being, it doesn't seem right to me. I guess Im just weird then, it is like growing a plant in a room full of lights, I don't like it because technically they never saw the sun. Im just odd I guess. And yes it is a artificial human being, just because it came from a real human beings DNA doesn't mean that that clone is natural. If it came from another human being (birthing wise) then it is natural, if you took DNA and did some type of mumbo jumbo that grow a human then that is unnatural. In my opinion..
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I would need to know if the cloned people were still able to reproduce because sometimes cloned things can't reproduce then what is the point?

If a clone is genetically identical to its original organism, the only reason why a clone would not be able to reproduce is if the original organism did not have the ability to reproduce.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

If a clone is genetically identical to its original organism, the only reason why a clone would not be able to reproduce is if the original organism did not have the ability to reproduce.

You are assuming they can perfectly make a perfect copy of a human being. I guess the term "clone" would imply that. I see what you are saying. I still am unsure, I am assuming this would be happening in the vary distant future based on how little we actually know about human genetics. So I guess you are right. Touche One point for you.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

based on how little we actually know about human genetics.

whit a bit of google you sure will get more info then you like to go through =P
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Again... this thread has been necro'd (post has been deleted), but if someone wants to properly continue the discussion in a normal way, please let me know and the thread will be unlocked again. Thank you! =)

Showing 46-54 of 54