ForumsThe TavernAnything and everything running

9 1735
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

I feel like the thread about health and fitness is all about weightlifting and no running. Since basically all I do is run, I thought i'd put this up here. Post your PR's, any races you're in soon, workouts, pre-race foods, favorite distances, favorite shoes, etc. Let's see if we can put together a little running community here on AG.

• 9 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

zombie man, maybe i will start a trolling thread for you to gaurd to make yourself feel good. thats game, your just trolling and you know it. anyway, im not a big runner. if i was, my fat wouldnt jiggle now, would it?

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

if i was, my fat wouldnt jiggle now, would it?

I mean technically it would at first...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

That thread is for anything health and fitness, including running; some runners have even posted the stuff you're asking here there. I just don't agree with marathon running or running for hours on end.

That's all I had to say since the only type of running I do is usually after weightlifting for about 10 minutes.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

well you guys aren't runners so you don't understand... Runners are a different breed.

I recently PR'd in the 5K with an 18:15 and im really excited for this track season.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Like GoM said:

Health and Fitness = A Running thread + more

Runners are a different breed.

No they aren't... they (we) just like to think they are.

I recently PR'd in the 5K with an 18:15 and im really excited for this track season.

Is your cross country season already over? O.o
XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Is your cross country season already over? O.o

No, we're about halfway through, but I don't really like cross country. haha.

And my cross country coach knows nothing about running. Our old really good coach got fired (long story, not his fault) so our baseball coach stepped in. I really like the guy but he sucks as a running coach.

I truly think it takes a certain type of person to be good at running. Someone can be an amazing athlete but if they don't have the mind for it they just won't be a good runner. (this mainly applies to distance running)
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

well you guys aren't runners so you don't understand... Runners are a different breed.

true dat

no...we definitely are.

I just PR'd with a 16:44 but it sucked. I hit a wall hard right before mile two, but before that I felt great. We went out in a 5:08 I'm trying to go sub 16 but idk. It's my first year running.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I have a question: how do distance runners train? I have an idea of how sprinters train, but not so much runners. I mean, all I see cross country runners do is run for an hour every day. Is there more to it, like a weightlifting component or a nutrition plan you have to follow?

Showing 1-8 of 9