ForumsWEPRCannabis Legalisation

20 9761
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

What are people's views on this?
Personally, I think it should be regulated in the same way as tobacco and alcohol are; sold to over eighteens but with clear health warnings.

• 20 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Personally, I think it should be regulated in the same way as tobacco and alcohol are; sold to over eighteens but with clear health warnings.

I completely agree with you. To a further extent i find the war on drugs to be nothing but detrimental and has served to only create a black market spawning more crime.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I personally think they will make it most like a tobacco product (like you just said) I think however, another thing like this is only going to create more problems then it is worth. That is just my view on it, I have not done extensive research on it so I am only judging from what I know.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

I think however, another thing like this is only going to create more problems then it is worth.

how so? it will end mexico's drug war, increase federal revenue, lower the prison population, and so much more. I don't smoke it myself, but quite frankly, everybody just needs to buy a bag of weed and get off their high moral ground.

-Blade
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

There's really no reason for this product to be illegal. The actual history behind why marijuana is illegal has nothing to do with the effects of the drug (although lies were spread about it through yellow journalism).

I don't smoke the stuff ever, and I don't plan to if it's ever legalized, but with it being illegal, the government can't tax it. What advantages do the government see in keeping it this way?

My capitalist heart says, tax the hell out of ganja.

it will end mexico's drug war

There are other drugs involved in this war besides marijuana.
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Come to think of it, alcohol and tobacco are much more harmful than cannabis.

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Come to think of it, alcohol and tobacco are much more harmful.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

but with clear health warnings.

What health warnings?

Come to think of it, alcohol and tobacco are much more harmful than cannabis.

http://www.bookwormroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Light-bulb-moment.jpg

Alcohol kills hundreds of thousands of people every year. Tobacco kills millions. Nobody, however, has ever been killed directly by marijuana. It's nowhere near as addictive as tobacco and alcohol are and it's far less dangerous.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

What health warnings?

Persistent use in young teens has been evidenced to irreversibly damage the brain (link), though use for 18+ doesn't seem harmful; still some sort of notice should be included, as it is and stays a drug. Doesn't have to be ugly pictures though
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

It's nowhere near as addictive as tobacco and alcohol are and it's far less dangerous.

it's mentally addictive just not physical as the other 2 examples.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

also is marijuana 99% of the time consumed whit tobacco. so you automatically will have the same warnings on the pre-fixed joints. as you find on the other tobacco products.

LegoMyLego27
LegoMyLego27
100 posts
Shepherd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MESZh-_uyUQ

JUST WATCH IT! The only bad thing about marijuana is the smoke!

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Persistent use in young teens has been evidenced to irreversibly damage the brain

If they only legalise it for people over the age of 18, the health warnings could go as far as actually encouraging people under the legal age to use the drug.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

What health warnings?

Possibly the most important warning on any mind-altering product, "Do not drive or operate heavy machinery". Marijuana itself may not physically harm you, but there is no question that it affects the way your brain works while under the influence. It's definitely not as bad as driving while intoxicated, but marijuana still slows your reaction time and driving while stoned still puts you in danger as well as the other drivers around you.

If they only legalise it for people over the age of 18, the health warnings could go as far as actually encouraging people under the legal age to use the drug.

Anyone under the age of 18 who does or doesn't use marijuana isn't going to change his mind either way just because a health warning says it will irreversibly damage his brain. That doesn't even make sense.

Health warnings aren't for people who are concerned with their health being altered, they're only there for legal reasons.
ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

Say yes to weed!!

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Netherlands... it works there, so i think it could be handled.

we got it controlled.
they want to sell it like tobacco.

sure it will work, but not good enough protected for the young.
and by far they havn't the knowles of the problems it causes. (social problems not diseases or w/e) some even think it is completely harmless. =/
Showing 1-15 of 20