ForumsNews and FeedbackWar of the web (We want it back)

40 20508
Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

Hey guys, first of all just some quick background information.

War of the web is made by Jiggmin.

The game is a pretty simple multiplayer game where you go up against other websites in a race to mars. To win you NEED to have a large sum of players.

There are many users that continue to play the game via the cache link here. All users that I've talked to (Via the chat) say that they really need it to be back on the AG front page, or even just on the website somewhere.

AG and Jiggmin have offered no reason for the game leaving. For this reason I guess that it was not meant to happen. Especially because the servers for the AG side of the game still exist.

I think I speak on behalf of the users that continue to play it that they really want the game back. It shouldn't be that hard to do and it's actually quite an easy game to get into.

• 40 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

What you should do is enter this suggestion into the stickied thread for this kind of topics... it's located at the top of this forum with this link:

What games do you want to see on ArmorGames?

Tasselfoot (admin) will be taking on sugestions and working on some of the games to get them on ArmorGames. And the one you suggest has already been opted in there!

Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

Ah, sorry for that.

I was assuming that this was not taken down on purpose so I was lead to believe that by posting it in that section, the game would have to never have been on AG before.

Regardless, I stil think it merits its own thread. Especially because there are people still playing.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I have to say and agree that it was/is a superb game that Jiggmin came up with! But the flawd in the development was why they took it down and I don't know if the problem was with the game or with ArmorGames as a host...

I agree that it deserves a thread of it's own, but I haven't seen anyone else post in it just yet... =P

kxl0041
kxl0041
18 posts
Nomad

I agree. We really need to have War of the Web back on Armor Games. The game is no longer a glitch fest and I think it will be a good addition to AG.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I'll admit, I didn't know of this game before I saw this topic.

But now that I do...

I think I just spent the last couple of hours playing it (Going on once every 30 minutes of course) and I think I'll continue to play.

If this was a petition to get it back on AG, I'd sign it. Seems like a game that doesn't get boring and it is designed well.

_V_
_V_
45 posts
Nomad

Yeah, War of the Web is great fun, and it's really easy to get into as well. I'd really like to see it come back, we need new players for Armora.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The game is no longer a glitch fest and I think it will be a good addition to AG.

So they have finally fixed it? Are you sure about that? Because if they have, I see no reason why ArmorGames can't host this game anew and make a lot of people happy! =)

If this was a petition to get it back on AG, I'd sign it. Seems like a game that doesn't get boring and it is designed well.

And a lot of others would too! Even though this thread (and all the others in every forum) don't get a lot of attention/posts at the moment, doesn't mean that a lot of people would really like to see this game return here on AG!
And that 'designed well' part... LOL ...that's open for discussion, as it might run smooth right now, but when they launched it back then, it was like kxl0041 said, a true "glitchfest"! The same reason AG took it down soon after... (o.O)

we need new players for Armora.

I can imagine "Armora" having trouble to stay afloat on the sea of Flash Games worlds on 'War of the Web' right now as not a lot of people play it for this team! (o.O)
Come on ArmorGames! Get it up and running and save face with the AG Knights alll dying to... ahm... die for you in the battlefield of WotW!! LOL Get it up and running! =D
Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

I want to see this game back on AG! It runs very very smoothly in the cache files and AG is still in the game!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I've never played this game before, but the way it's sounding it must be pretty fun. So yeah, I'll join in.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Let's hope enough people want to join and the admins decide to host it again here! =D

*crosses fingers*

Who will reply... probably Tass as he's in charge of the games!

kxl0041
kxl0041
18 posts
Nomad

Ok, so we have some new people playing this again due to this thread......despite more players, the game is still running smoothly so I think it might have passed that test. On a side note, ArmorGames has a very real chance of beating NG, the top team right now, and launching for Mars.

random4life
random4life
8 posts
Nomad

Wow, I only just started playing this game and it is amazing.

I wouldn't have expected it to be so fun but it really is.

Ia anyone is reading this make sure you go play the game. We're so close to newgrounds and I'm sure we can win and it's an awesome game.

This is the most fun I've had with a flash game in ages. . I'd post more but...too busy trying to win.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

http://cache.armorgames.com/files/games/war-of-the-web-13060.swf

I'm just going to leave this here. Google is your friend.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Oh my I do believe that is the first time that's ever happened to me. I understand now. I suppose just putting links in without the BBcode breaks the html, cheers!

kxl0041
kxl0041
18 posts
Nomad

Ok.....it seems some people are starting to play. If you need help, there is a question mark in the top right corner. That will take you to the Jigg instruction forum. On a side note, build all cities until you have 13 level 9 cities. Make money until you have 245k. Sell a city and you'll have max money so don't max it out yet. From here, if you want to research and be a researcher, sell any one city and replace it with a launch pad. Upgrade it to max, then make money until 245k again. Keep doing it until you have a research level around 30-40. Your research level is the level of all your LPs (launch platforms) combined. My setup is 4 level 9 LPs and one level 6 LP. It give me 42 research points a turn. Don't worry about empire happiness. It doesn't really matter unless you want to be an attacker. More on that later.

PS. DO NOT ATTACK ANYONE until you have a setup of all level 9 building. As a reasearcher, this is important. Not attacking means staying off the revenge lists of other players from other sites. It will give you time before you are discovered on the recently active list.

Good luck.....AND WE ARE IN THE LEAD THIS ROUND.....BIG THANKS TO THE IAM LEAGUE OF FRIENDS.

Showing 1-15 of 40