ForumsThe TavernTerms and Conditions...?

11 3362
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Well, being bored, I thought I would have a read through the terms and conditions. I found some interesting stuff, that I am a bit confused about....

This Site is offered and made available only to users thirteen (13) years of age or older who reside in the United States of America, its territories and possessions (U.S.)

So does this mean that I shouldn't be using the site? The next sentence confirms this...

If you are not yet 13 years old or the required greater age for certain features, or do not reside in the U.S., please discontinue using the Site immediately,

Well...I'm off...I live in Australia....and I know when I am not wanted.

There is a large number of people who are active members of ArmorGames that don't live in America. What are we supposed to do?

2. This is about passwords...

You agree to guard your password carefully, with the full awareness that a failure to keep it secure will enable others to engage in transactions through the Site for which you will be legally responsible.

So, if someone get our password we can go to gaol?

3. About Spamming...

* send or result in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, surveys, contests, pyramid scheme, or so-called "spamming" and &quothishing";

So the FR2 Contests and others like it are not allowed? Also, this says that anyone who spams is breaking the site rules.

4. Our Accounts...

11. DEACTIVATION/TERMINATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION OR USE
If you are registered to use the Site, your account will remain active. If you wish to discontinue use of the site, you should no longer log into your account.

So if we don't use our account it gets deleted...? Or does this mean that if people leave for good they cannot delete their account themselves? Someone else has to do it?

5. Advertisers?

4. ADVERTISING
From time to time, you may communicate with, receive communications from, be re-directed to, interact with, or participate in or use the services or obtain goods and services of or from, third parties (collectively, the "Advertisers&quot such as our advertisers, sponsors, or promotional partners

So does that mean that our email will be given to them?

Well....I could write more...I hope it all makes some sense...

Tell me what you think...?

KingRyan

(BTW...I Hope it doesnt' just seem like goobledegook!)
  • 11 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well....that's just weird, but then again, it just shows how many of us actually read the Terms and Conditions no? Since nobody has ever brought this up before I guess it's safe to assume we all just passed it. Perhaps it's some sort of crude joke? Do to this possibility that no one has read it?

However I seem to doubt my answer above for some reason. I don't get it really.
----------------------------------------------------------
Number 1
I don't get it....I'm serious though, is it a joke?

Number 2
Is cruel but it means that if you don't make a good password.
e.g.
Username: RaptorExx
Password: RaptorExx
**FACT: Not my password but go ahead, try it, dare ya.**
**FACT: Since I know some people are going to anywayz**
It means YOU are responsible for whatever happens. They buy a million AG stickers and you get billed for it, that's not their fault your password wasn't good enough.
My take on the term.

Number 3
Well I guess, I think I saw somewhere that it said 'with the exception' and such like that. However, the Free Rider Contests, should, at least, are approved and sometimes Co-Run by Mods so I guess those are okay. And yes, people who spam break the rules obviously.

Number 4
Is really explanatory, you can't delete your account, even if you don't use it anymore, it's still going to stay unless the Mods or Admins delete it.

Number 5
I know a lot of websites that actually do that, so far, I haven't received any weird emails from any Armourgames Sponsor or Armourgames itself. Yet it may just mean pop-ups and those obnoxious(but sometimes useful!) Ads on the side, rather than email =o
**NOTE: That Comment&Email doesn't count!**
----------------------------------------------------------
I hope some of my 'takes' are right, like the first one cause that's just really, really...weird?, I think o_o
It scares me lol =o

MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
446 posts
Nomad

Nice job on pointing these out, kingryan..

#1. Yes, I don't live in America, I live in Asia.. and I wonder why they didn't terminate our accounts..

#2. Personally, I forgot my Password account.. But our computer here at our home remembers it for me.

#3. And should the mods delete all these FR2 Maps ?? Well.. To consider, FR2 Maps are a phenomenon to the site and it's codes are for the game, generally speaking, just for fun. But, maybe, you should put these codes on your profile instead of making it a comment on the game and on each profiles.

#4. I came to hear this user named, Switchfoot.. [See the very first comment left on my profile] I heard he has been hacking accounts, and when I came to visit his/her account, it's gone. I don't really know what's the full story, but I guess the Mods deleted his account, or maybe he/she deleted it because he/she knows how to hack accounts.

#5. I don't know if they will know your e-mail add, but it depends on what's on the advertisement. 'Til the end of the day, it's still our choice to trust these sites if they're secure or not.

That's all I can say.. Or we should ask the mods about it to improve the rules.

-MTH

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

@RaptopExx..

Yes, the 1st one is wierd...

BTW ArmorGames isn't spelt with a 'u'!

KingRyan

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

**Switchfoot's Account**
Yeah Switchfoot/Falling Up crisis over now and his account is deleted so no more worrying about him =o
However it was not deleted due to inactivity, he was a hacker and a spammer, and a couple of other things if you count his previous account =O

**My Spelling**
I spell Armourgames with a 'U' because that's just how I am lol
armor=ewe armour=yay
honor=ewe honour=yay
and so on...
just my way of spelling, habit =o

**Topic**
I think we will have to wait for the Mods or Admins to make this whole thing understandable, till then, guess it's all just wondering lol

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

1)dont use it anyway because US did it for a reason (i dunno)
2)No, its just ur fault. LOL
3)i gotta look into that
4)No they do not delete, its just telling u to stop doing what u dont want to do
5)NO, its just a messaage through AG u should be aware of.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

3) i think its just telling u they should not be there, but u have full responsiblilty of it

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

I agree fully with RaptorExx (besides the spelling). Perhaps some of the mods or Admins should help shead some light on this situation. Here are my general oppinions on the mentioned terms:

1. Complete rubbish (not that it's fake, it's just plain mean) I mean, there are people on here, who have made their calls on where they live, like Canada, Australia. There has even been one person from Algeria. This regulation may be required to be put on this site due to government regulations, but I mean, We're all nice people on here (mostly). And if any Multi-National terrorist group, like Al-Qaida, wanted overnment information, I dont think that they would want to go on here.

And about the age thing. There is almost nothing on here that escapes the eyes of the Admins or Mods that could be considered innapropriate for younger viewers. Besides, I think more 9-year olds in the U.S. have heard more that most kids in France or Australia at the same age. And, what's stopping someone from changing their age to something else? I mean, there could be a 1-year old on this site, who is really 52. Age, on the internet, is all relative.

2. Is so obvious, it probably was required that they put it in. I mean, on your profile, If you were to give up your password, you can CHANGE IT to something nobody, not even yourself (as was the case with Girl_Power) would ever think of, from the amount of knowledge given out on this site.

3. Should be common sense NOT to do. I mean, there is, once in a while, a jerk who comes by and starts spamming up the place. But if there is something wrong with making a fun contest, than I would like to know why. Isn't there some ability the Mods have that make's it so that no one in the contest gets points for comments, posts, or things to that effect? If not, than why not?

4. Why bother? Anyone who gets sick of their account probably shouldn't even join in the first place. If your not prepared to hang around with cool people, play video games, and talk about what bugs you, or just to have fun, you really need to crawl back under the rock that you came from, Mr. Future-Cubicle-Man.

5. OF COURSE THERE ARE ADVERTISERS!!! These advertisements for ClickMania have been so bad, that sometimes it wont let me access a certain page on my Profile, or on the rest of the site. Those advertisements are, simply put, a hindrace to the site, and should be removed. One or two times, I thought I had a virus, but when I took the HOUR to search it, there was nothing (besides a few Cookies), which led me to believe that there was something wrong with the site. Many things I can stand, but THAT AIN'T ONE THAT I CAN!!!

...huff...huff...huff...

...Well, now that I'm done with my ranting, I'll just go and see what other MultiNational juniors like to spam about on their empty forums. If I can avoid all the pop-ups, first...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Good feedback.

Are there any mods or Admins that can give some feedback. I would like to know what they think.

KingRyan

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

i'm suprised the mods/admins haven't commented yet, i mean they're the ones we're relying on to inform us.

also if you want to discuss under 13yr members vist the topic in the tavern called
under 13yr members

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

I don't live in USA,I live in UK so I shouldn't be on the site?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yeah, that is really helpful KoS. Look, I need some serious feedback...

MODS? ADMINS? What are your views?

KingRyan

Showing 1-11 of 11