ForumsThe Tavernhelp?

5 1262
tiger25691
tiger25691
159 posts
Farmer

Okay I have a bit of a problem (this is only for like techy geek people) okay I got the game Rome Total war my dad downloaded it and installed it onto my laptop. Then to make sure it would play he opened up the application and it ran just fine ( by the way he is doing this on his account the whole time). Then we try it on my account and it says ERROR: Please log on with administer privileges. If someone could help me that would just be awesome .

• 5 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Obviously you need admin abilities for the game to run so tell your dad to make you an admin or go on his account

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Please log on with administer privileges.

Do you have multiple accounts on your computer? Your dad's account might not be the admin account.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

so your saying you and your dad have an account, so thats probably the problem here. you have 2 accounts on the same computer. look into that, could be the problem.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Most computers are designed to allow multiple accounts, odds are his dad has set up the system so he can control the settings on the computer with Admni privileges. You should be able to either enable you to run the program through right-click/properties.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Then we try it on my account and it says ERROR: Please log on with administer privileges.

That's the problem. You need administrative privileges to run the game. I assume your Dads account is the system administrator, so that explains why the game worked on his account, but not yours.

Ask your Dad to log on to his account, right click on the game, click on properties, and click on the compatibility tab. Near the bottom of the properties Window, you should see a box titled: Privilege Level. In that box, you should see the option to Run program as an administrator. Un-check that option, and see if that solves the problem.

Hope my instructions are clear enough. This late at night, my wording probably isn't the best.
(I'm running Vista, so depending on your OS, this may not work for you.)
Showing 1-5 of 5