Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Chinese-Japanese Riots

Posted Sep 17, '12 at 3:29pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,242 posts

For a few years yes, currently no. Japan may not have an official military, but their "Self-Defense Forces" are as good as one and better than quite a few.

ofcours they have a defense. they have a army to protect themselves not to attack anyone. they have said that for atleast 60 year now.

Is the Nazi Party not still banned in many European countries,

manym yes.
all, no.
and their are allot of nationalistic party's. they just do not associate themselves whit the nazi's. (for obvious reason i guess)
in fact even the party's symbol is banned in these countries.

and what counties your talking about now? the symbol isn't banned sofar i know. it's still used by multiple organisations.

67 years is not a long time in the grand scope of things, plenty of people still remember it and further more those people passed it down to their descendants. It's been nearly a hundred and fifty years since the end of the American Civil War, but you can still find people that are anti-North, after a time, it's not memories but an actual culture that develops around the ideas of the people.

thats why it's importent to forget and forgive about those things.
and not memories and bring it back up.

Posted Sep 17, '12 at 10:19pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,471 posts

Knight

thats why it's importent to forget and forgive about those things.
and not memories and bring it back up.

It is but the Chinese can't at least for now. Every modern day dispute is linked back to the long history of exploitation by the Japanese, every Chinese movie, history book and the lot. That's why it doesn't go away, because modern day tensions are wrapped up in the same cloth.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 6:04am

partydevil

partydevil

5,242 posts

Every modern day dispute is linked back to the long history of exploitation by the Japanese, every Chinese movie, history book and the lot.

sounds allot like 9/11 in the usa. they keep bringing it up all the time aswell.

so we can expect a war in the near future?
-japan bought the land so the stay whit it that it's theirs.
-china can't get over something that happened 67 year ago, so they don't let it go either.

btw i find it kinda weird that china is never tolerant whit protests. but it seems now it gives a nationalistic feeling that they don't care. why isn't the chinese government suppressing the protests like they usually do?

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 7:32am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,471 posts

Knight

sounds allot like 9/11 in the usa. they keep bringing it up all the time aswell.

Well to be fair, millions died, and not a few thousand. Also the years of brutal **** and exploitation puts this on a whole new level.

so we can expect a war in the near future?

No. There are American troops in Japan and China isn't as foolish as to go to war for those islands. Costs far outweigh benefits.

btw i find it kinda weird that china is never tolerant whit protests. but it seems now it gives a nationalistic feeling that they don't care. why isn't the chinese government suppressing the protests like they usually do?

China saw 180,000 protests, riots, and mass demonstrations in 2010 alone -- on average about 500 every day -- a number that has likely since increased. It's just not well known in the rest of the world.

The difference in this case, is that it seems the Chinese government has unofficially sanctioned them; furthermore, since many textbooks do have anti-Japanese sentiments, it would be hypocritical of them. Lastly, the protesters are protesting against a foreign entity, not the government itself.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 7:40am

partydevil

partydevil

5,242 posts

Lastly, the protesters are protesting against a foreign entity, not the government itself.

the government is responsible for the safety of the japanese within it's borders. they do nothing.

anyway i got a trip to beijing planned in 2 weeks. i will see for myself what actually is going on then.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 8:27am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,471 posts

Knight

the government is responsible for the safety of the japanese within it's borders. they do nothing.

In the commercial hub of Shanghai, hundreds of riot police blocked off roads leading to the Japanese consulate, while hundreds of protesters rallied outside the building, carrying flags, banners and images of Mao. They are protecting the Japanese. What can't be guaranteed is that Chinese protesters burn Japanese cars or restaurants owned by the Chinese themselves; it would be nigh impossible.

I think the violence will really start to increase today; it's a bitter anniversary, 18th September.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 2:51pm

RougeSoul

RougeSoul

2 posts

Nah, they will sort it out, its not like North Korea and South Korea :l

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 5:29pm

EnigmaX

EnigmaX

101 posts

Opening three paragraphs from an article on The Drudge Report.

Chinaâs most powerful military leader, in an unusual public statement, last week ordered military forces to prepare for combat, as Chinese warships deployed to waters near disputed islands and anti-Japan protests throughout the country turned violent.

Protests against the Japanese governmentâs purchase of three privately held islands in the Senkakus chain led to mass street protests, the burning of Japanese flags, and attacks on Japanese businesses and cars in several cities. Some carried signs that read âKill all Japanese,â and âFight to the Deathâ over disputed islands. One sign urged China to threaten a nuclear strike against Japan.

Gen. Xu Caihou, vice chairman of the Central Military Commission, considered the most senior military political commissar, said Friday that military forces should be âprepared for any possible military combat,â state run Xinhua news agency reported.

If this was, say, Iran, I'd blow it off. But while China may just be blowing smoke, there might me some merit to this.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 4:08pm

christopher122

christopher122

19 posts

it's sad really, but they all have a point. I just wish they weren't so violent.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 11:51pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,471 posts

Knight

If this was, say, Iran, I'd blow it off. But while China may just be blowing smoke, there might me some merit to this.

A month on and nothing happens. China's leadership is undergoing that special once in a decade transition. They won't want to rock the boat.

Reply to Chinese-Japanese Riots

You must be logged in to post a reply!