ForumsWEPRAttacks on US embassies

29 9757
thewolf52
thewolf52
28 posts
Nomad

So, as you all have heard.
US embassies been attacked in Middle East over a blasphemous film.
What are your thoughts about it?
In my opinion,
people were already angry on americans and this film just proved last straw on camel's back (you get it?)

• 29 Replies
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

yeah, but still, protesters don't normally bring RPG's to protests, and probably don't burn the scene. No sir, this was planned.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

it was AL-Quaida who attacked the emmbesy. they tried to do it for a time, and now they sucseed, used the protest to do so.

even more, after the attack, protesters against the attack assulted the al-quaida camp in bangazi, killed some of them and drove al-quaida out of libya. {or bangazi at least}.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

it was AL-Quaida who attacked the emmbesy. they tried to do it for a time, and now they sucseed, used the protest to do so.

even more, after the attack, protesters against the attack assulted the al-quaida camp in bangazi, killed some of them and drove al-quaida out of libya. {or bangazi at least}.

Those were islamistic militia who were droven off in Benghazi. Not that it matters; or maybe the militia are Al-Qaida offshoots, I don't know.

But I think all are right until now.. people were already angry, the movie has increased resentment but the militia took advantage of the situation; after all it's true that regular protesters don't assault an embassy with rockets and grenades.
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

I don't like this assumption that all armed islamist groups are linked to al-quaeda. Do you really find it plausible that all extemeist muslim terrorist groups in the world are linked to the same organisation. Sounds like a US government plan to get everyone united in the so called 'war on terror'.

Back on topic, as ridiculous as this 'Innocence of Muslims' film is, it is in no way a justification for the shameful violence and rioting that has taken place. My condolences to the family of the US ambassador to Libya, the people that died in the streets in Pakistan and congratulations to the citizens of Bengazi for driving out the militia responsible for that particular attack.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Got it now: one of the militia in Benghazi that was attacked, the one that was suspected of being behind the attacks, are a branch of the Islamist radical group Ansar al-Sharia in Libya, a Salafist militia. No direct link to Al Qaida, apparently.

On another note, I found a very interesting little study on the protests about the movie. He tried to evaluate the numbers of the protestants compared to the 'Arab Spring' demonstrations, and comes to the conclusion that "The recent crowds are pathetic, by comparison".
Source
Really worth your time; once again the media made a huge sensation about something not even that dramatic. So if someone tells you that 'the Arab world is up in arms', you can tell them that's not true.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

But yet, These protests are aimed at emmbesies. the goal of the protesters are to get in and do who know what. they burning cars. They throw stones at Cops.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

But yet, These protests are aimed at emmbesies. the goal of the protesters are to get in and do who know what. they burning cars. They throw stones at Cops.

In Pakistan, it was agreed that protesters will give a resolution to ambassador but police fired live munition at them with any provocation on Protesters part and the proverbial pressure cooker blew up
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Well this is a thing you will surely not hear in the media. And its not a bad thing to protest in front of a emmbasie. but when it in such a rage, its creep me out a little, with all the flag burnings and stuff. whenever there is fire, there will be violance i say.

And punisher, what could happen if they would went in front of the embessie? will these protesters just protest, or a Excited protester will call to assult in? what the spirit "in the street", rage or just solidarity with Islam?

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

the goal of the protesters are to get in and do who know what. they burning cars.

The goal of the protesters is to slaughter westerners because the protesters are very savage and uncivilized people.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

No no no... you are taking us to the wrong way. Lets dont start a racist argue on the "savage of the arabic world, who wave there scimiters from there camels back". the protesters are city citizens, who apearently know the world news. they are just like me and you. the fact they are religius dont mean they are the one you see in 'Laurence of arabia'.

rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

Murdering people for insulting a long dead person is savage no matter how you look at it.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

And punisher, what could happen if they would went in front of the embessie? will these protesters just protest, or a Excited protester will call to assult in? what the spirit "in the street", rage or just solidarity with Islam?

It was decided that this will be a peaceful protest.
My nation ain't that crazy to attack embassies, but the NATO trucks, they would have attacked them.
Half of those truck owners have taken back there trucks fearing they might get destroyed
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Murdering people for insulting a long dead person is savage no matter how you look at it.

then either annihilate them or don't provoke them.
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

The goal of the protesters is to slaughter westerners because the protesters are very savage and uncivilized people.

Your lack of knowledge is more savaged then these people you referring to. At the very least you sound more of a savage, then any of these protesters. Your stereotypes or more specific, what the media have shown you. Your opinion is not based on facts, and your use of words make you uncivilized. Therefor I can conclude the description you made of those protesters, will actually suits you more.

And insulting and killing innocent people is not? last time I checked, an American killed people in USA just for wearing turbans.
rafterman
rafterman
600 posts
Nomad

then either annihilate them or don't provoke them.

I would hardly call that provocation worth murder.

And insulting and killing innocent people is not?

Your argument is a strawman, not once did I imply that insulting and killing are not savage. In fact I directly said that killing innocent people is a savage act.
Showing 1-15 of 29