Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Voting for Moderators

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 11:49am

baseballfamer123

baseballfamer123

335 posts

Do you think that there should be a poll for people to vote of people to become moderators. The people that could vote would be people with 6000 points or above. To keep away hackers and spammers.

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 11:57am

John

John

369 posts

Knight

I like the system we have. Hand picking moderators is a much better way to know we are getting good mods for the site, rather than a mass-vote which may get sloppy or controversial.

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 11:58am

Girl_Power

Girl_Power

403 posts

I like this idea but the only thing is not many users have over 6000AP maybe 2500AP would be better.And if course NO voting for yourself.

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 11:58am

baseballfamer123

baseballfamer123

335 posts

And you can only vot once. And the people that make the poll get to select the people that should be the ones running. Oh, and the first one that 200 people say yes to, gets to be the mod.

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 12:04pm

jwalshjr

jwalshjr

640 posts

Hmmmm, I'm not sure this would work unless they hand-picked every voter and candidate so they knew they weren't getting false results, but it is much easier and reassuring to them if they hand pick them, so I think they will probably stick with the system they have now, it just would cause to much of a problem if they changed it.

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 12:10pm

Girl_Power

Girl_Power

403 posts

When will there be more mods and do they need to pass a test?

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 12:11pm

dank

dank

1,045 posts

Knight

It would be much too biased this way. Most members do not know what's best for them and who the best person to chose would be. Most of the 6000 and over members aren't the best nominees for mod either.

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 12:17pm

baseballfamer123

baseballfamer123

335 posts

Oh, I was just saying if you guys would like it. But now that I look at all of this. I dont think that you guys would like it that much.

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 12:23pm

Girl_Power

Girl_Power

403 posts

I know like there are other good people like Strop Me Avrilicious and many more.

Posted Jun 13, '08 at 12:26pm

drakokirby

drakokirby

1,759 posts

The thing is that we can have a hoax and someone will get everyone or try to get everyone to vote for one person. Moderators aren't tempted so that is the best system. If we could make sure no one can be bribed or anything, possible idea later on.

Reply to Voting for Moderators

You must be logged in to post a reply!