ForumsGamesPC vs CONSOLE

124 29502
KayHai
KayHai
13 posts
Peasant

which do you think is better? what are your thoughts about the next generation of consoles in regards to the PC?

• 124 Replies
bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

I say pc,because of easy use of internet with gaming (getting mods and stuff like that) and also,if you think the a consoles controller is better you can play computer with one of those by plugging it in,and more buttons computer so in games with adjustable buttons PC wins there.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

It's pretty much what they always say when asked that question. You could ask their tech support yourself if you like

In this case, that's a con for console gaming. I doubt they'll be giving us our games honestly.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced I might just skip this next console generation and get myself a decent gaming PC. Social elements forced down our throats, stupid console gimmicks left and right, an apparent total lack of backwards compatibility... It's not looking very attractive to me. I'll sure miss the exclusives though.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

console is way better because it has all the best games

TeslaGuy
TeslaGuy
959 posts
Nomad

To be honest , PC , only consoles I have are PS 1 and NDS
NDS has few best games , but idea for the console is bad
PS 1 had great games , it was kind of nostalgia

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

but idea for the console is bad

It made sense in the past but it is a thing that should die out or at least improve greatly to be worthy of being bought again
KayHai
KayHai
13 posts
Peasant

I dont think handhelds are going away anytime soon though.

The_Russian3768
The_Russian3768
35 posts
Shepherd

It depends on what you grew up with: though I play consoles,but I always go back to pc.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Dead thread is come back.

Whatever, the winner is handhelds. 3DS and PS Vita for the win.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I think handheld consoles are good but not the big consoles, I prefer PC because of its versatility and I can play classic games (NES,SNES,N64,GBA) on emulators.

jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

There are some games that are better on console than on PC, for example sports games like FIFA, Madden etc and therefore I only play FIFA on my console, which is a PS3.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I think handheld consoles are good but not the big consoles, I prefer PC because of its versatility and I can play classic games (NES,SNES,N64,GBA) on emulators.

Yeah I know, I just love the idea of bringing consoles on the go.
jaykowalski
jaykowalski
10 posts
Nomad

In this topic i can say:
"PC master race"

ArchKnight
ArchKnight
120 posts
Shepherd

The PC vs Console argument shouldn't really even be one as a console is a type of PC, albeit one that is specifically designed to perform a much smaller range of functions.

In terms of which of the two platforms provide the better gamer experience is entirely subjective. I mean, everyone who plays games will understand that there are some aspects they enjoy and others they don't. So to define which is the "better" experience is almost impossible.

For example in terms of graphics, multiplayer capabilities and functionality then PC wins. In terms of reliability in gameplay (minimal lag etc.), costs and accessibility then console wins. These are just some of the points and even they will be different for everyone.

What I think is that both of these have their own merits and shortcomings but it all depends on the user. I like console because that is where I started playing games, where I play with friends and it's what I can afford. But I would like to own a gaming PC because of the sales available and the ability to upgrade to remain a viable machine for the foreseeable future.

I truly like them both but to discuss which is better is never going to go anywhere and will most likely just cause friction between both sides.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

All hail the PC master race!

Showing 106-120 of 124