ForumsGamesPC vs CONSOLE

124 29528
KayHai
KayHai
13 posts
Peasant

which do you think is better? what are your thoughts about the next generation of consoles in regards to the PC?

• 124 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

PC can get better graphics, sound, and games with mods use the PC to use those mods. PC is also much friendlier to people like Toby, PewDiePie, and Robbaz, as stuff can be recorded much easier on a PC. (PewDiePie is a word but Robbaz isn't?!)

credop
credop
38 posts
Nomad

It all depends on what game you're playing. The majority of games are better on PC, if you have a good enough PC that is. However, i always found that action games work so much better on a console. Many people argue that PC games aren't better because they don't like using a mouse and keyboard and to anyone with that arguement, have you not just bought a gaming pad to plug in...?

Foli123
Foli123
8 posts
Peasant

Console doesn't get slow after a few years...

Chillchime417
Chillchime417
2 posts
Nomad

I would say PC, because games are relatively cheaper and better on the computer

AedanClarke
AedanClarke
7 posts
Nomad

@Gamer_Cale
You realize your controller will work just fine on a PC, right? You just plug it into your USB port. Nearly every game comes with support for them, too.

@Drink
Not enough PC exclusives? Man, you haven't been looking at the indie games, have you? By now, a lot of indie games are actually better than AAA games.

@No one in particular
Frankly, a PC can do everything a console can and more. Does it have Uncharted or inFAMOUS? No, but it has so many more games on it that it's easy to forget about them (though I actually ended up getting a PS3 just for PS3 exclusives). Aside from the AAA titles, you have indie titles, you have your flash games, and, of course, you can have tons of non-gaming applications that help define the PC.

Are PCs more expensive? People seem to think so, but they aren't thinking it through very well. Initially, yes, a PC costs more. But eventually, the costs of having a console catch up with you, as console games rarely go on sale and drop in price than often than PC games do. Do you guys know why Microsoft is making Windows 8 a piece of gaming-hating crap for PC people? So more people will buy the consoles. Microsoft would get nearly all of the money from the sales of the consoles themselves, as well as making tons more money on the more expensive software that comes out on consoles. Consoles are, more than anything else, part of a bait & hook business model.

Kaptain_Red_Star
Kaptain_Red_Star
1 posts
Peasant

Personally, I like PC, because it offers so many more controls.
(eg: all the buttons on a keyboard)
Consoles limit game creators on the number of different actions that a game can incorporate.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

PC because you get better graphics, better framerate and a huge player limit in some multiplayer games.

Consoles because of trophies (or achievements) and less discs to play on for some games (if you're on Xbox 360, then that doesn't count).

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

depends on the game.
the PC is best for shooters and real time rpg's (and mmo)
the console is better for racing games and platforms.

DaRkFuSiOn199
DaRkFuSiOn199
4 posts
Nomad

minecrafts better on the PC
enogh said

xXGameFreakXx
xXGameFreakXx
1 posts
Shepherd

Pc for the graphics and overall feeling

ayosuaa
ayosuaa
26 posts
Nomad

both for the maximum enjoyment

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

PC because you get better graphics, better framerate

You can only have such results if you get a good computer specialized for gaming. A computer like that can set you back way more when it comes to money compared to a console.
espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

PC excells on everything.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

PC is the rich man's console. Mac is a rich man's useless PC.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

@Gamer_Cale
You realize your controller will work just fine on a PC, right? You just plug it into your USB port. Nearly every game comes with support for them, too.

Wired controllers suck for being far away because you leave a wire behind which can cause a trip hazard and limits range I was talking about a wireless controller because I don't think you can get a wireless controller for pc as far as I know and before anyone says you can get a wireless keyboard and mouse yes but try using it while sitting on a sofa.

I don't see why so many people think a pc that can play games well costs a lot because it doesn't I made my PC for around £600 but now you would be able to get it for around £500 and it's able to play any game on high 1080p. If you think about a console you pay around £200 and you will need a TV to go with that which is at least £100 for a decent one then you have to pay for games which are generally around £10+ more then PC games So you will be saving a lot of money and on steam there are regular sales where you can save a ton of money on games.
Showing 16-30 of 124