ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 683764
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Unfunny images aside, I learned that Christopher Lee holds the Guinness world record for most film roles by a single actor. I also didn't know that he's 90 years old and 6'5".

Yep this guy's been acting for almost 80 years now. He'll probably die while acting. I've seen many movies with him from the 60's, 70's, 80's and he's still going on. xD

BTW, I thought Marcello Mastroiani was in more movies. He must be close to Christopher Lee's record though.
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Well I didn't learn this today but 10! or 10 factorial converted into seconds equals 6 weeks!

10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1= 36,288,000

3,628,800 (Seconds) ÷ 60 (Number of Seconds in a Minute) = 60,480

60,480 (Minutes) ÷ 60 (Number of Minutes in an Hour) = 1,008

1,008 (Hours) ÷ 24 (Number of Hours in a Day) = 42

42 (Days) ÷ 7 (Days in a Week) = 6 Weeks

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Did you learn anything while you were there?

Whoope, a part got missed out. I don't understand how that happened. Anyways, I learned that he talks about random **** with his clients and I do all the work.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned today how paint very well very fast! I saw a guy paint a amazing painting in like 5 minutes!!!!! O.O

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned if you don't watch your forums everyday one of the lower rank admins may change the pictures to very disturbing pictures.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1= 36,288,000

Everything you said is correct except for that, but that's probably just a typo.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that I can't access the "How was your day" thread without it giving me a 404 message. I know it hasn't been deleted because the 404 it gives me when I click on "last post" still shows the most recent post ID at the end.

Given the glitches that have been popping up today, I'd say there's some maintenance going on.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Barium is horrible. Don't drink it unless you have to. And now my stomach is killing me.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Given the glitches that have been popping up today, I'd say there's some maintenance going on.

Lol... now YOU are one of the glitches!

I learned that, when I see the starry shield armatar, I want to sing "Starry Eyed Surprise" by Paul Oakenfold. =P
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that One Direction is British. I feel like I should have figured that out by now, but I guess I've just been overlooking it this entire time.

I also learned how to fix the Rogue Glitch.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that pizza shops are cool places to hang out at night. The night crew is awesome and will make you food in exchange for your company.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today, I learned 2 important things.

One: Boarderlands 2 is an AMAZING game!

Two: Friendships are one of the most important things in life. At least, for me.

So yup, that was it.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that I can't drink a cherry coke on an empty stomach without feeling like crap for the entire day! Haha

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that I can't drink a cherry coke on an empty stomach without feeling like crap for the entire day!

I could have told you that. That happens to me all the time. You think I would have learned by now.

But I did learn that banana beer and banana wine exist.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I learned through experience how dirty frat basements are.

R.I.P. shoes

Showing 151-165 of 2124