ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684154
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that Africa has more then 2,000 languages spoken inside it. I do not understand how this is possible but that is an example of insanity.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I could have told you that. That happens to me all the time. You think I would have learned by now.

Lol, maybe I'll be the one to teach you then... don't drink cherry coke on an empty stomach! =D
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned 2 new things today. First thing, I learned that phone calls are over rated. And two, I learned that bubble gum is over rated to. Thats it. lol

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned that posts here are separated by a thin grey line. I hadn't noticed it before I looked more closely at the page.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Today I learned that I don't own a waterproof jacket or a pair of waterproof pants. Boy, it sure was fun walking around in the rain in a pair of soaking wet jeans and a thin soft jacket.

kneekap
kneekap
8 posts
Nomad

well today i learn that the world record for the first sonic game on the first act is 28 sec flat sooooo yea

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that I some have sort of lower back pain, I have no clue why. I think it just needs a adjustment... I hope.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I re-learned today, because last night I was stubborn enough to go against this acquired knowledge, that no matter how cold your feet may be, if you have severely hairy ankles, you can't wear socks to bed without paying for it all day the next day.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that Jack LaLanne's real first name is Francois, and that he was given the nickname "Jack" by his older brother Norman... who would have guessed?

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

MOTHER FUNCTION

lollol so thats a term in the graphing world of math

so my teacher taght us that and later he made this joke

we were correcting homework and my teacher was writing the awnsers on the board

he messed up on one and said awww MOTHER FUNCTION
instead of mother f**ker

then he saidif your parents ask you what you learned today say MOTHER FUNCTION
then he loled and said jk dont do it
you get grounded

hope you understood that

Max000_Extreme
Max000_Extreme
113 posts
Peasant

I learned that my headache grew alot today

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Particle-in-a-box models for solving the Schrodinger equation and analysis of radial probability density plots. Stuff I should've learned like two weeks ago.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned that oranges are so much harder to peel than tangerines.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today, I learned how to get seasonal Armatars. Aren't they wonderful? I have one now.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Today Killersup learnt that he will get slapped in the face if he throws a carrot down his girlfriend's shirt..

Showing 166-180 of 2124