ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682891
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I knew about that!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that there is a big test going on in math soon. If I don't pass it, I have to take it over and over again, because then I won't graduate until I do.

Yay...

Also we learned new music in band, but who cares?

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I learnt that Sir Legendary was knighted!

DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

I learned two things in the past 15 minutes.
1. I have to rebuild my castle contest entry.
2. This site is unusually slow this evening.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

I learned that the forums on this site have been quite slow recently and therefore I have realized that I didn't miss much in my absence, sadly. Good to be back, though.

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

i learned that mugenmonkey cant keep itself stable for some reason..

heres the site, if its allowed that is. o btw explicit content, some guy keeps trolling it hard http://www.mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/builds

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I learnt that the Nepal earthquake relief effort are getting tougher.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that two iconic voices in rock and roll have passed away recently... Ben E. King, original singer of "Stand By Me"... and Jack Ely, the lead singer of the Kingsmen, who were most famous for the tune "Louie Louie". Their contributions to music will not be forgotten!

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

I learned very important life rule:

Don't eat the whole chilly peper all at once.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Did you do what you asked us not to do?

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

Did you do what you asked us not to do?

Hehe, not my finest hour.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that people still subscribe to my Youtube channel, but very few people actually comment on my uploads. I guess I attract more reclusive visitors, but I can't be picky if all I ever upload are in-game videos from early-2000s roller coaster simulators.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I learned what happens if you accidentally rub chili remnants into your eye after eating spicy food.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I learned what happens if you accidentally rub chili remnants into your eye after eating spicy food.

Ooh. Nasty.

I learned that Amazon has raised it's minimum spend to qualify for free delivery from £10 to £20.

icantfindavalidname
icantfindavalidname
17 posts
Chancellor

I learned that armorgames wont let you post if you use internet explorer.

Showing 1891-1905 of 2124