ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 683970
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that knee injuries hurt like a ----------!

Try to do a 180 degrees with your bike while hitting the side of your knee on it and tell me how it feels. I did it twice and every time I saw black with 100 light bugs flying around me and couldn't move my leg for 15 minutes.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

If you want to remaine friwndly with someone you work with, there are 3 things you should never apoarch:
1) Music: Danielo put 'working class hero' on his phone; Dude:"what is this bad song? Its so slow and boring"; Danielo: *hit him with his dogtags; Dude:"Ouch. Please stop. Nooo".
2) political/social opinions: Dudess: "Im not racist but...; Danielo:"Im sure you are not, so lets keep it that way and please shut the heaven up".
3) Start a prank war with an unstable person: Episode A: Danielo hide ThisGuy charger by sticking it on the celling with ducktape. Episode B: ThisGuy scream for straight 15 minutes in my ear in a squicky voice, not even breathing. Episode C: Danielo hit him with his dogtags, ThisGuy cry and go snitch to his officer. Episode D: Danielo has charges on being a evil bully. yeay.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I learnt that a local hawker is faking things a lot.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

Bruce Jenner is now officially Caitlyn Jenner.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that there's a user, @sploder666, with a friends list that goes on for 70 pages. You think your social life is hectic.

sploder666
sploder666
4 posts
Nomad

OMG, Ernie15...How did I miss you as well?

LOL

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

That potatoes don't run TF2 very well. Cries as i type this on my potato.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I learnt music.

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

Sad to learn that Count Dracula is no more.... ;(

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Sad to learn that Count Dracula is no more.... ;(

It is sad. He had one of the most impressive film careers ever, having appeared in at least one movie every year since 1948.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that France (no. 3) got their arse kicked by Columbia (no. 28) in the Women's World cup of soccer.

France got 21 shots on goal but most of their passes were bad and they scored nothing while Columbia scored 2 goals in 3 shots. Their goal keeper was amazing. I can't say the same for the French goal keeper who pretty much gave Columbia their 2nd goal.
The referee was as bad as the French team BTW. Wow!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

SOB, they killed Jon Snow! Daenerys is in trouble and Drogon is probably dead. Queen Cersei walking naked though the city was kind of nice though.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

You can learn a lot from the short ads that play before a game, like how Olive Garden now serves breadstick sandwiches.

Buzzfeed's report on breadstick sandwiches

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that lettuce and champagne is a great combination if you want an evening of mild heartburn and disappointment.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Black Sabbath was briefly called "Earth" before they changed it to Black Sabbath. Speaking of Black Sabbath, it's currently battling Iron Maiden in Battle of the Bands for anyone who is interested.

Olive Garden now serves breadstick sandwiches.

That's MBFF material right there.

Showing 1921-1935 of 2124