ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 683793
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I learned that I can sleep for five hours and still wake up on time for something.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I learned that people get disappointed if you agree with them. I think they prefer if you disagree with them so they can keep arguing.

I also learned I'm an "Up and coming" AG user as described by two people. *achievement get!*

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

That there is an organized effort to invade as many finals test-taking rooms as possible with streaking.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I also learned I'm an "Up and coming" AG user as described by two people. *achievement get!*

Hey! I was one of those two! Now...don't disappoint us >_>

I learned that back when I was somewhat active before my year+ &quotangtongshu hiatus"...I apparently was more similar to how I am now than I thought
khaiduong
khaiduong
22 posts
Peasant

i learn that in the jacksmith game have more than 3 map lol!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned, from Gantic, that apparently the name for the colour orange came after the name of the fruit (also orange..)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned, from Gantic, that apparently the name for the colour orange came after the name of the fruit (also orange..)

I'm learning that people are learning from my orange thread.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I learned that pink dolphins exist. I always thought that all dolphins were greyish. That game I'm playing at night is slowly becoming a good source of knowledge.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/pinkdolphin.jpg

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I learned that I'm an inconsistent poster.

But seriously, I learned that I can sleep through a alarm under my pillow at half volume. Sometimes I hate alarms :/.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that my mom's cousin (who i've like never seen before) from Louisiana is in San Diego...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned that pink dolphins exist. I always thought that all dolphins were greyish.

Well...I learned that this exciting news to some people is "meh" news to me...they all look the same to me (gosh..that sounded racist....I'm colourblind..that is what I meant)
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

I learned that no one has learned anything in the last 5 days and I'm reviving this thread so that people start learning again.

I've also learned that finding a small amount of money is actually really hard but when you don't need money it seems to throw itself at you.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I learned that grapefruit juice can interfere with prescription medications such as Allegra.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned that I am apparently still viewed as an "up-and-comer" -_-â¢

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup learnt today that it is possible to piss off a cow by punching it in the face...it was hilarious though...

Showing 346-360 of 2124