ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684412
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned how much a hotel room can feel like a prison cell when you're with your parents. Guess who I'll be avoiding for the rest of this trip?

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Learned that Spam is also a popular meat brand.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Today/tonight I learned that the clubs in Cancun aren't as fun as they look. Couples make up most of the population, and the single girls have one drink and then leave. I'm so glad for free admission.

Oh, and I learned that if the old point system still existed, I would have the wood lord badge.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that my friend has random mood swings from amused to depressed and back again, and I also learned that drinking one cup of cranberry juice gets rid of my allergies for twenty minutes.
I also learned that putting contacts in grosses people out. I don't know why.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that The Tavern and other sections of the community don't have too many new threads popping up all that often. If I were more creative I would start a few myself, but you know, I'm not, so that probably won't be happening.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned there is a type of "Hankie Code" for men who wear earrings. According to the information I have found, if a man wears a ring on his right ear he is a homosexual and if he wears one on his left ear he is straight. I believe the term for this case is "Left is Right and Right is Wrong".

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/designs/11775432,width=178,height=178/Social-Conventions-Are-Stupid---The-Big-Bang-Theory-%7C-Robot-Plunger.png

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Today I learned...

Just because your playing dodgeball, it doesn't mean that your face is the team's meat shield.

That mating calls actually work but work in the wrong way.

And that pi will be with circles no matter what.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

And that pi will be with circles no matter what.

And phi will be with you (and us), no matter what
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that eating excessive amounts of chocolate also makes my allergies go away.
I could sell this stuff as a cure, couldn't I. XD

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Today I learned that I can leave this laptop that has been charging all day with the charger cord in it in the hotel room, and my sister can still find a way to drain all the battery in under two hours.

I can't figure out why she would have unplugged the charger cord unless she had moved it somewhere else and put it in the exact same place when the battery was gone, but that just seems like an odd thing to do.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned that converting your laptop into an oscillator isn't a good idea. It took 3 days to restore everything.

Oh well, it was still a fun project. :P

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that ( hot babe) Olga Kurylenko speaks french.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I learned that what I would normally call a &quotepper" New Zealanders call "Capsicum".

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I learned that WoodenToaster* responded to one of my tweets today. Makes a man swoon

*WoodenToaster is a big name within the brony community. Probably one of the biggest amongst the fan-base

Showing 496-510 of 2124