ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682884
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I just learned very recently about the new knighting system added to the site last Friday... rather, I learned that the system existed. I have no idea how the system works just yet, but it looks as if former moderators and admins have been knighted already, so I'm interested in learning more about this new system and who the first non-former staff member to be knighted will be. =)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I just learned that XBone is actually short for Xbox one. All this time I thought they were making fun of it...

metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

I actually read xbone as xbone instead of xbox one. -_-

Anyways, I learned how to somehow re-troll time.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that I suck at quizzes.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

All this time I thought they were making fun of it...

They are.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I heard from a Japanese guy I know that Christmas in Japan is celebrated more as a holiday between lovers than among family members. Apparently, New Years is their biggest holiday, and very few people celebrate Halloween.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned recently that, as of today, though it probably actually happened within the past couple weeks, over 9 million AG account have been created since the release in 2007! Special thanks to @chrystalfox for providing the profile in which I gathered this information. =)

Also, a certain thread regarding the calculation of AP seems to have died ever since forum games ceased to count towards post counts... I'd attempt to bring it back but I don't see the revival being successful now that people don't get one post added to their name for posting there. =P

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

very few people celebrate Halloween.

I don't think many outside of the Anglo world do, anyway.

Same for Christmas for the non-Christian world, of course (though will have spilled over in many parts, but hardly of the same significance); or New Year's day for people with a different calendar.

(What should you have learned earlier? That MacII is a hopeless pedant, yes sir, guilty as charged )
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Learned how to make garlic bread.

Whether I've made it well or not has yet to be decided.

jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

after a day, none of my quests in any games I've played are showing up

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

My garlic bread was good.

jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

my quests have finally made an appearance on my page!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Having 4 Exit Exams (our school gives students the ability to skip finals so all teachers give Exit Exams) in a row sucks.

~~~Darth Caedus

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

That it's hard to find things you want for Christmas when there's so much stuff you can get.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Pulling two days in a row is not fun for your hands.

Showing 766-780 of 2124