ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684165
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Well this is actually totally AG related.

What I learned today is that Moderators have a very hard job, and are very good at what they do. They study and read All or MOST of the comments.
I made a huge mistake, and took the one side of the "debate" if you will and I was proven totally wrong when I went back and read it later. It just shows that you should always re-check you facts and not to jump to conclusions based on the fact you want "your side to win."

I also want to thank the Moderator whom I wronged for being completely understanding and helpful.
So everyone go give moderator..... DEVOIDLESS a big thanks for winning the Moderator of the day award!

Thanks Again and sorry @Devoidless
~Black~~

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Dude Devoid is a total boss.

-----

TIL (yesterday actually) that a girl at my work is a vegan. And the annoying kind that cherry picks info on what happens to animals on how they are taken care of before becoming food.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that Super Luigi U is actually very different from Mario Bros U. First off, every level you do starts at 100 seconds, which doesn't really leave you alot of time.
Also instead of Mario there is Nabbit, a thief from Mario Bros U that steals items and where you have to chase him down. But you can now play as him, he's invincible but he can't use any power ups(except invincibility star).
There's also a 'Find Luigi thing' where you search for hidden Luigi's in every level, you don't get anything from it, its more like an Easter Egg thing.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'm a lucky guy.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I'm a lucky guy.

Speaking of cliffhangers
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Today (night, rather) I learned that taking a lengthy afternoon nap isn't a smart thing to do when having an early day ahead of you the next day.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

One should not wear army boots without taking them off for two days in a row, unless one truly despises one's toes.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Socks and sandals are still in style for some reason.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Well, here I am, still bright 'n' shiny.

unless one truly despises one's toes.

Or one's surroundings
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Learned how to play Aerials by System of a Down on bass

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I learned that you can dip your hand in molten lead without getting hurt [here].

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Or one's surroundings

What a stinker that sweet decay produced.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

I learned that square tires are hilarious.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Me and Clancy both learned that a girl who we were playing with on SSL2 was actually a famous youtuber named LDShadowLady. She may not be as famous as Smosh or those other ones but she has 300,000 subscribers which is alot.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Learned 7 Nation Army on bass
Also learned Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz on bass

Showing 796-810 of 2124