ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684108
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Sorry for the DP but that's not a violin that's the irish uilleann pipes. I've personally never heard of em...

>i need an edit button cuz i'm dumb

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Today I learned how amazing the violin sounds in a metal song.

Didn't quite sound like that should have been a whole song, more like an elongated riff from another song.
Here you can discover how intrusive they can be to a heavy metal song.

Today I learned that Deeper Down (an AG game with quests) has a prequel, so that was a pleasant surprise.

~ManlyMan
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that it is exceptionally difficult to get people to laugh at my gay jokes like people laugh at the pros in comedy. (Don't ask how it turned out).

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that Dapro is going to help me recreate the AG love circle.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I learned today that by just hanging out with just 1 good friend and taking a jog can make your day a whole lot better.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Night at the Museum was written by Lt. James Garcia and Deputy Travis Junior.

(Or rather the actors who played them)

Also, this thread has received 148 posts, including this one, in the one month it's been stickied.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=xXxDAPRO89xXx]Today I learned how amazing the violin sounds in a metal song.[/quote]

I won't need to tell you about Apocalyptica, do I? Four (head-banging) cellists, of course, at the time. Seeing them some years ago btw was one of the few instances for quite some time where I felt a (pop/rock) concert was more than just consumerist entertainment. Amazing. Place was packed to the brim & beyond, too, and a-rocking.

[quote=themastaplaya]Today I learned that it is exceptionally difficult to get people to laugh at my gay jokes[/quote]

Hmmm. There is of course the possibility that they're just not funny.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=Ernie15]I learned that Night at the Museum was written by Lt. James Garcia and Deputy Travis Junior.[/quote]

Which Night at the M. would that be? (Trying to decipher some deeper meaning here.)

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=MacII]And, that apparently they've been eavesdropping on our medical data for advertizing purposes: Canada says Google broke law by snooping health info to serve ads.[/quote]

Someone really should've caught out my hasty & sloppy phrasing there: Going by that article of course, apparently what Google's been up to and Canada doesn't like, is putting our medical searches to use for the sake of advertizers. What arguably and apparently they haven't done, is passing on any user's personal and sensitive medical data.

Just for the record

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that admins are gold kings, knights are iron knights, moderators wield blue shields, regular users have a grey outline around their armatars for whatever reason, and there isn't a wood serf to be found.

Lt. James Garcia

*Lt. Jim Dangle. Glad nobody actually fact-checked that.

quote]Which Night at the M. would that be?[/quote]

The one that's called "Night at the Museum" and doesn't contain "Battle of the Smithsonian" at the end.

Although, Lt. Dangle did write the sequel as well, based on characters created by Deputy Junior.

(Lt. Dangle's and Deputy Junior's real-life names are Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant).
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

quote]Which Night at the M. would that be?

I also learned that my quote success rate is no longer at 100%. Where the end tag ended up I haven't the slightest.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that mining for Cryptocurrencies is hard. I'm so confused.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Today I learned that Venice deserves nothing but hatred. In the same experience I learned that Venice didn't learn how to make airplanes until 1920, yet the Mayans already were sitting on stockpiles of nuclear ICBMs.

Showing 916-930 of 2124