ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684632
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Here you can discover how intrusive they can be to a heavy metal song.

I love you now.

I won't need to tell you about Apocalyptica, do I?

No, I already love Apocalyptica I found them through their Metallica covers and they never fail to impress ^^

Today I learned how in depth my dad goes when he's figuring out who to draft for baseball. (He's a coach)
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that this is the 3rd day in a row my school was closed.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

Today I learned that if you elbow someone (with force) in the jaw, you can kill them.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

I love you now.

I love me too. And in all honesty the more I listen to it the less it bothers me.

Today (well yesterday night but it's been under 24 hours) I learned just how much of a brat my 11 1/2 month old nephew is. Yesterday he was playing with the dog food and my sister (trying to break that) told him for half an hour "no baby" (he calls himself baby). Later my sister found him playing with the dog food saying "no baby" likely mocking her....
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Today I learned that I should take a nap in the afternoon more often. I feel rested and happy after that.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that vegetables give me more mental energy than animal products like meat and dairy.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Today I learned that if you elbow someone (with force) in the jaw, you can kill them.

Actively learn this?

TIL that, evidently, I'm quite a good kisser..not the first time I've been told this either.

Sal bb how bout sum sugar?
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

No, I already love Apocalyptica I found them through their Metallica covers and they never fail to impress ^^

Apocalyptica is amazing. I'd play the cello because of them.

Keep learning those sexy things you learn girl. You didn't know that before?

Sal bb how bout sum sugar?

Sal left AG and FGA. He claims it's because of Spain but everyone knows he left because deep down... he dislikes you.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN

Today I learned that if you chew gum it reduces your hunger. Fruity gum, that is.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that the song we're doing in band called Locksley Hall, is nowhere to be found on Youtube nor on Google.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that schools around here have run out of snow days.
So now they will finish the school year 3 days later and if we get more snow, more days will be added to their calendar. xD
Where I come from, schools need the snow storm of the century to even close one day.
I remember one morning ( a long long time ago), I was waiting for the school bus and it was -40 * C with winds.
It felt like microscopic bugs were biting me all over. xD

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

That tomorrow is Saturday.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

That in Pathfinder you can take a 5-foot step after a full round action as long as that action isn't movement.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I learned that you can get certain people off topic very quickly without trying.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

That tomorrow is Saturday.

It took you all this time to figure out? :O
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that this thread has surpassed MBFF in replies, despite having less than half its total views. But there's plenty of time to catch up there.

Also, all my posts are in purple.

Showing 931-945 of 2124