ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684112
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that Ferret is a jerk.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Today I learned that Ferret is real good... Fool me once shame on you Ferret, fool me twice i'm a dumb ***... and it was freaking Rick Roll xD

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that some people confuse the relationship thread with this thread. First time it's happened, though probably not the last.

Also, I've learned not to click on links shared by ferrets....from what I've read just above.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I learned that the first recording of Molly and Tennbrooks was made by the Stanley Brothers, not Bill Monroe.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that surfing the web while laughing your brains out is not a good mix and can lead to you posting in the wrong freaking thread.

That and I have learned that clothing can fight you. I've gotten into an argument with my sweat shirt. It insists on making me warmer then I want to be because of the weather, and whenever I take off my jacket I realize I am one degree away from dying.

Help me.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Today I learned that when you sneeze the stuff you sneeze travels an average 11 feet.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned what a shotgun wedding is.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=Ferret]Today I learned that a newborn ferret is so small that it can fit into a teaspoon![/quote]

Hey, congrats! Oh, wait... [mumble]

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that there are some crazy things on the menu at McDonald's depending on where in the world you go. Shrimp patties, green tea McFlurries, pineapples in place of patties, you name it!

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I learned that I don't have skewl on the following Thursday and Friday. Yay.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

some crazy things on the menu at McDonald's

Ah, the infamous mutton burger.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned a little bit more about the Apennine peninsula.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that if you type in "Use the force Luke" or "Beam me up Scotty" in the Youtube search, both results are pretty interesting.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I learned that my school now give every student school email accounts so our teachers can get furthur into our lives.

Showing 961-975 of 2124