ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682910
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that its my female cousin's birthday today. She's turning 1.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

when they took him out for a potty session. He yelped and his front legs went numb.

Must've taken quite the beating, eh. Good luck with it again.

Costly affair sometimes, these critters we keep, isn't it. Ask my lady all about it, has her hands full with a small bunch of them.

But, as they say, all the love they give you... You know where to find the balance in what you can reasonably provide them with.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that there's nothing new under the sun except what we create with our imaginations.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

But, as they say, all the love they give you... You know where to find the balance in what you can reasonably provide them with.

To all of us who had many animals in their life know that once in a lifetime, you get that special one and that's exactly what Noel is.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Today I learned that Bar Mitzvahs are really fun to attend.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that there are some great entries in the CTC2PP contest.

Also, a new battle has been posted in BotB. I learned that right after I posted it.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Today I didn't learn really, but was reminded rather how spot-on this Cracked piece is: 6 Reasons The Guy Who's Fixing Your Computer Hates You.

That bit about finally proceeding to format when all else fails especially rang true: [Me] So do you want your browser to remember your online passwords? No. So you don't want to keep them for such-and-so sites that it now stores them for? No. So I'm gonna disable that and delete them, right? Yes, fine, please do. [Delete] Wait, what did you just do? You mean those passwords are gone now? But surely there's some restore gizmo? No, sorry, they really are gone. That's what I just told you. But! How can you do that! That's really so not-done of you! You should have asked me first! But that's what I just did, I'm sorry if you misunderstood. [Here's me after some seven hours of scanning for a virus that's not there, & running over a gazillion finesses while I'm at it, all neatly presented so as to be comprehensible to the total digiphobe. Being duly yapped full of this that and the other while ostensibly these scans are "just running" and so I don't seemingly have a lot to "do."]

... %$# Oh well, here's to being a Mac in shining armor always ready to help out a former lover in distress. I did promise a session two; no, we will call you

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that the Lays Cheesy Garlic Bread chips are really good. I'm still waiting for the Cheese Coney chips to come out.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

I learned that your nose is connected to the memory centre of your brain and that is why smells can trigger powerful memories.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned, or I should say I just realized that reality shows tells us how many people we hate but weren't aware of.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Today I learned that Travian sucks.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that your nose is connected to the memory centre of your brain and that is why smells can trigger powerful memories.

I learned that you might be from the UK because you wrote centre while here in the US they use center. So I check where you are from and there you are, from the UK.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Today I went a British bike factory called Brompton and it was really interesting how it runs, I learnt tons not just about the construction of their bikes but how factories and industries work.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

How to interpret population parameters of dummy variables related to time when analyzing pooled cross-sectional data, and how to overcome the failure of the homoscedasticity assumption for causal inference.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Today I learned what Alex Trebek looked like in the 80s. Scared me a little bit...

Showing 1006-1020 of 2124