ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682874
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

I learned what e=mc^2 actually means, and how it is applied in chemistry. Also some other stuff

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

He's evil, and you're dyslexic. His name is actually "Satan".

You never stop amazing me Ernie, awesome. I will keep note of this.

I learned that I like this thread a lot. But besides that, I learned that I can play the Harmonica very well with no training at all. Pretty cool.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that I can play the Harmonica very well with no training at all.

I learned that I could do the same thing not too long ago. I taught myself to play in about 5 minutes.

Speaking of music, anyone ever heard of Ronnie Milsap?

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/40384983.png

I learned some interesting stuff about him yesterday after looking him up due to his name popping up in an episode of Monk. You're probably wondering why he's wearing those shades, for example, and why if you search for him you won't be able to find a single image of him without them on.

Well, he was born blind. However, unlike most blind musicians, Ronnie's case is interesting because he has no eyes. Just plastic ones underneath the shades. That's about the most interesting thing I've learned in a very long time and I probably won't get over it for a while.

On a more solemn note, I also learned yesterday that the McRib will not be available until the late half of December. Read this post for slightly more information.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that tomorrow is 10/11/12! I better pay close attention so I can tell the "Why was 6 afraid of 7" joke and say the punchline at 12:34 and 56 seconds! =D

Funny thing, I actually looked at my watch at exactly 12:34 and 56 seconds on that day! Shame I didn't remember to tell the joke, let alone time the punchline perfectly...

But I did learn that I can't eat beef stew without toast! =P
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned or noticed that I often look at the clock and it says 9:09,
10:10, 11:11, or 12:12 and this happen at least twice a day and it's been like this for many years now. I think it's because I have a clock in my head. I can count seconds in my head and I'm 95% right when I verify on an actual clock.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Nothing.

(I dare a mod to delete this.)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

(I dare a mod to delete this.)

Nobody told you? There are no mods.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I learned that some people the mods have abandoned us.

~~~Darth Caedus

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Of course not Matrix. I haven't been here for over a year, and Frank didn't tell me.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned today that Gmail is much better then Yahoo mail. Just made a new E-mail today, and Gmail is much better then my Yahoo E-mail account set up. Pretty cool.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

true that, i kinda forgot about that. well on a similar note, I learned that gantic will be back by january for another season of "I want to see your mental poop" i didn't know about this until today and after looking at knight's first post in the first season i'm looking forward to another season (not that i got to participate in the first 2 seeing as i might not have been in the forums at that time and i don't usually go to that sub-forum)
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that only my right eye is sensitive to the sun. If the sun is in my eyes, instead of squinting both of them, I can just close the right one and leave the left one in the standard open position.

(squinting gives me a headache)

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Oh, so by "there aren't any mods" you mean they're all inactive.

That's a slight improvement over last year, when all except one or two of them were busy. :P

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned just now that you can make a bear rug out of gummy bears...

http://gloriana.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/bear_rug.jpg

Has there ever been a more delicious rug in all of existence?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

@skeleton_pilot: mind totally blown

Showing 121-135 of 2124