ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684063
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the 'myth' from middle school, where we would have to watch a sex video in health is going to be real. Sometime soon the girls and guys in the class will be split into different rooms. Oh boy.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

sex video in health is going to be real. Sometime soon the girls and guys in the class will be split into different rooms. Oh boy.

I did that in 4th grade R2 get with the times :^)))))

I learned that one of my friends are incredibly talented at making things with wire.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

The school's current route to the fire assembly point is extremely circuitous. Luckily it was only a drill.

I learned that the 'myth' from middle school, where we would have to watch a sex video in health is going to be real. Sometime soon the girls and guys in the class will be split into different rooms. Oh boy.

Practice your deadpan face. You'll need it. School sex ed mostly exists as a test of being able to maintain composure in the face of a really awkward situation.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I learned that while blood does come out of carpet and clothing, it stains chemistry textbooks.

Also, on the topic(ish) of sex ed, I learned that when you precede your high school teaching career as an adult film star, your past will come back to haunt you.

You've...never done that? No wonder the teen pregnancy rate is so high.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Also, on the topic(ish) of sex ed, I learned that when you precede your high school teaching career as an adult film star, your past will come back to haunt you.

Is there a story behind this?

Speaking of teachers, I learned that my Macro teacher wants to run for president solely because he thinks he'd be a better candidate than half the people running.

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

I learned that I wasn't forgotten in the AG Community

Thanks @Ernie15

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I will be making my own beard and hair oil in 5-8 business days.
Equal parts jojoba and sweet almond carrier oils, with a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Mixed together in my new 2oz glass amber bottles with droppers.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I actually did this a few days ago, but I decided to write a fanfiction about two guys in band just for fun(No I will not post it here), apparently it was so good, they made me write a part two and they want me to make other fanfictions.

What has my life turned into? ._.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Thanks to Avast, I learned that there are seven pieces of tracking software on this page: Facebook, Google GPT, Google GPT, Google Adsense, Doubleclick, Criteo, and CPMStar.

edjr3rd
edjr3rd
33 posts
Shepherd

I learned to leave higher-end codecs alone when I record my let's plays on youtube

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

I learned about balancing equations... joy

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I learned that my hand is only sprained and not fractured. It still sucks though. I guess I should think twice next time before I try to run my fist through a wall to alleviate my rage.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned what a roman a clef is. The things you stumble upon from reading about Michael Stipe.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned what Pseudobulbar effect is. They say that it effects 1-2 million Americans nationwide. When I read the description, it got me thinking that I might have it. I have exhibited the symptoms before.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yesterday I learned that my crush is apparently the daughter of my 6th grade teacher, who is probably the best teacher I've had yet.

Life definitely has those surprising moments.

Showing 2041-2055 of 2124