ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682870
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I learned that I should re-read my posts several times before submitting, darn errors. Of course I won't have to do this when/if they implement an edit button.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I learned that -- Oh man I gotta use the bathroom!

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that the great MrDayCee has finally been recognized by the rest of the moderation team and has been added to fulfill his rightful duties as a site moderator! Once again, congratulations dude!

I learned that -- Oh man I gotta use the bathroom!

Good thing you learned that before it was too late!
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Good thing you learned that before it was too late!

True dat!
Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

I learned that there was a chicken called mike and it lived for 18 months with its head cut off.
Google and youtube it.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that the Giants are the first team to win 2 World Series titles in 3 years since the Reds won in 1975 and 1976.

Oh yeah, for those of you who haven't heard, the Giants won the World Series again. Don't get the wrong idea now, this is actually what I look like when I'm excited.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned that the Giants are the first team to win 2 World Series titles in 3 years since the Reds won in 1975 and 1976.

First NL team. Yankees '96, '98, '99, '00
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I learned that sometimes patience and determination pays off and sometimes it is just a depressing waste of life. I also learned sometimes it is not easy to tell which way it will go and when you should just give up.

Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

If you specifically call a moderator inactive it is a great way to start a bad relationship.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I learned that most songs can be played with four chords.

I also learned that there is another person that can hit the note in the song take on me.

I'm not joking.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I learned from, a flash game, the origins of boxing, how it was a gentlemen sport, about not beating, but talking nice things. About Andre Phillipe Phillipe

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I learned AG wasn't a global website.
Also, what astute meant.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

I learnt how to spell plagiarism, thanks Salvidian!

theawesomnator
theawesomnator
56 posts
Nomad

I learned that I post threads that somehow don't even show up.

I tried 2 get help from the programming help forum, but my thread just didn't show when I got back 2 it.

So did my other threads. Can someone tell me what's going on?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

TIL that the gastroenterology ward's lactulose regimen for hepatic encephalopathy is 120ml lactulose PR QID.

PR, as in per rectum.

Showing 196-210 of 2124