ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682896
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I learned that the ending of Terminator 2 is to guys what the ending of Titanic is to women. Emotional.
Well said ,sir.

I learned that Gaijin basically ruined War Thunder with Update 1.37. Sorry for the meaningless rant, people who don't play this game.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Cold barbells are not fun barbells.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned how to open a small box of Russell Steven's fine chocolates.

It was alot harder than you think.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Going from 50 degree weather to -17 degree weather during a massive rainstorm causes a lot of accidents... Atleast I have an excuse for not showing up to work tomorrow. There is more ice than road right now.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I learned I don't have school tomorrow either.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It was alot harder than you think.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TRIo4br3I/AAAAAAAACv4/Zh7_GcMlRKo/s400/ALOT.png

I learned that R2 does not know the difference between alot and a lot.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

TIL the magic of musical synchronization.

IT'S SO ORCHESTRATE

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that my band(school's band technically) is going to be learning this song.

I learned that R2 does not know the difference between alot and a lot.

Pbbbbt nobody has time to add an extra space.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that if I don't care about any of those famous actors with cheekbones I must be asexual.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I learned that another Drug raid happened in Brixton, it was one of the biggest.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I learned that I'm banned from posting on Facebook for 12 hours. All because someone read what I said on a page completely out of context.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I learned that I'm banned from posting on Facebook for 12 hours. All because someone read what I said on a page completely out of context.

Aw yeah, that happened to me once. Stupid page admins.
fartmaster1001
fartmaster1001
2 posts
Nomad

That life is short, and so are friendships.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I learned that some people care more about their reputation as "helpers" than they do about the context of the problem. Something maybe was not meant, but they take things the wrong way and way more seriously. So just watch out some people can twist things.

~~Black~~

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Aw yeah, that happened to me once. Stupid page admins.

It wasn't the page, unless they took a month to report me. Hell, I shouldn't have even been reported, it was all someone taking what I said out of context.
Showing 826-840 of 2124