ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684346
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

That is exactly what I said.

I'm not so sure; its half-life decaying sounds a little awkward. i think it reaches its half-life, rather.

Whatever, there was a wink there, wasn't there. With radio-active substances, it takes stupid long, yes, way exceeding any containment measures we can think of.

Today I learned that my turtle's water smells very similar to sewage.

Hmmm. There is the option of refreshing the water more often.

Sort of preemptively stopping it from reaching its half-life, so to speak
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

TIL drum sets are really expensive. Checked one out today because I was curious and I thought one of them sounded cool. Store manager asked me how much I thought it was, I said $200 and he said it was actually $750. ._.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

TIL drum sets are really expensive. Checked one out today because I was curious and I thought one of them sounded cool. Store manager asked me how much I thought it was, I said $200 and he said it was actually $750. ._.

Yup. That's about the same amount I'm going to pay for my drum set. Don't look so surprised.

Today I learned the "What did you learn today?" thread is now pinned. Huh.

I also learned that up until recently I had not updated my operating system in almost 4 months.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I said $200

We're you just looking to buy the kick drum?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Colin Kaepernick is adopted. Also, the 49ers, whom I'm only a fan of when they make it to the championships, are not going to make an appearance in this year's Superbowl.

Today I learned the "What did you learn today?" thread is now pinned.

I learned the same thing on December 22.

We're you

You guys are him?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Today I learned the evil of autocorrect

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that Colin Kaepernick is adopted. Also, the 49ers, whom I'm only a fan of when they make it to the championships, are not going to make an appearance in this year's Superbowl.

Whoa really? And I learned that too today and I'm really sad...
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that some people that say that they are 49ers fans didn't know that Kap was adopted. I have known that for over a year.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Today Killersup learnt that churches don't agree with his way of life.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

nb

I've a weekend ahead of learning all about humus (soil)

(And yes, to my pleasure I learned that my attention span is somewhat in working order still ), the (Dutch) speaker is involved with a translation of, and so inspired by among many others no doubt, Jeff Lowenfels & Wayne Lewis' Teaming With Microbes and Teaming With Nutrients, for anyone interested.

It was a weekend much to my interested satisfaction, in any event
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

TIL that $30,000 worth of dogecoin was given to Jamaica's bobsled team so they could go to the Olympics.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Learned that my good friend Emily won 2nd place in the school spelling bee, while the girl that I tried to beat for second place in the '1st period' spelling bee, actually got 1st.

So I basically stopped Emily from getting 1st place.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

TIL there are three new knights.
(ps ropes)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that some people that say that they are 49ers fans didn't know that Kap was adopted.

I only claim to be a fan when they make it to the playoffs. For the remainder of the year, I could care less about the 9ers or Colin Kaepernick (he's no Jeff Garcia).
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned the fear of being close to a shooting and the heartbreak of what it feels like.

Showing 901-915 of 2124