ForumsThe TavernUnder 13yr Members

76 12342
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

i went 5 pages back and couldn't find this so i brang it up myself

What do you think about people joining armorgames when they're under 13? I personally think its fine if they're over 10

Pazx
  • 76 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

actually that was

9-12yr olds 1 in 10 are spammers
13 and up 3 in 10 are spammers

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I'm waiting for crazynaitor to come. keep postting advice and your opinion, I've gotten great feedback so far.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well I don't get why you need to post 2 times in a row after a new person speaks or just as you did, 4 times in a row, please put it all in one, and the world really doesn't need to know you're waiting for crazynaitor, or keeping him informed, it's a topic, and he can check it himself when he gets on, it's not going anywhere unless it gets deleted, and even if it's locked, he can read it still...okay.

As for 'under-aged' users. Well I don't see any need to not allow them on AG, as they can be just like anyone at or above the Legal Armourgames Age, a sane person that speaks normally, grammar/spelling, and is 'normal' and such, or they can be a complete jerk and post a million short things that don't make sense, spam, and so on. It goes either way.
So I'm not entirely against it, however I do think that, like on NG with their games, there should be a warning on some games, like I played an AddictingGames game that was really bad, or like the Thing Thing series, an 'Everyone' and such like normal games. That way, as I saw Pazx say earlier, a mom doesn't get upset and start suing AG, the kid was warned, and they should be monitoring their kids anywayz o_o...
^above idea-thing isn't meant so much for 10-12 year old, no offense Crazynaitor either, some kids aren't exactly able to get away with the fact they're 9 and posing as a 13 or something yr. old XD

9-12yr old 1 in 10 are spammers

Did you know that 40% of all statistics(and ratios) are made up on the spot???
Sorry, but did you actually take a survey or something? If you did okay, but how do you really know? Just wondering!
scientifico
scientifico
68 posts
Nomad

i'm under age but i'll be 13 in under a year. I don't have a problem with kids on this site as long as:
1) they don't do stupid things (like give away where they live)
2) they don't spam
3) they're not under 9

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Gee, such a big issue about age. Imaging if AG brought in a mature section that you had to be 18 to use............

@RaptorExx

[quote]9-12yr old 1 in 10 are spammers
Did you know that 40% of all statistics(and ratios) are made up on the spot???[/quote]
HAHAHAHA...Did you know that 90% of me is insane?

Anyway, anyone can spam. Little kids are more likely to in my opinion...

AG is for everyone.......
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Well Raptor I'm 9 I am not a spammer am I?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Gee, such a big issue about age. Imaging if AG brought in a mature section that you had to be 18 to use............

Oh how AG would be mirroring the great NewGrounds yes?

AG is for everyone.......

Apparently not for Non-Americans by the Terms and Conditions lol, anywayz yeah, it is, and they aren't more likely to spam, they're just more likely to leave 'their type' of comments. In other words, a comment that has bad spelling, bad grammar, and is very short, 'spam spam spam spam spam...' goes through our minds, however, this comment may have been made by a 9 yr. old, who may not be as intelligent, or educated, i'll say, in how to use good grammar, spelling, and may not know exactly how to describe what the heck they're talking about. So as I've said last time, it goes either way, while that may be some cases, SOME!, it's not all the time lol
Bree
Bree
27 posts
Nomad

Woah Crazy if your 9 you must be smart.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well Raptor I'm 9 I am not a spammer am I?

When did I say all 9 yr. olds are spammers? I may have mentioned that some could be...I already forgot-_-

Woah Crazy if your 9 you must be smart.

Ain't it odd how some 'kids' can pull off to be older than they really are? I don't know, I'm told I sound 2o something from others, I personally don't think so, I think I sound 14 how I am, oh well. Crazynaitor I had always jst thought to be 13, then gain, I don't really pay attention all to much to the ages listed and merely think 'erson' lol.
Bree
Bree
27 posts
Nomad

I don't pay attention too ages!I just judge on who they are!

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Well I don't get why you need to post 2 times in a row after a new person speaks or just as you did, 4 times in a row, please put it all in one, and the world really doesn't need to know you're waiting for crazynaitor, or keeping him informed,

Yeah, i guess that was a bit of spam. They were all hours apart (except the statisics, sry about that) oh, i did sort of take a servey.most of them admited their age (under or over) but 4 I assumed. also i can be very impatient.

In my opinion, just think PERSON Don't judge age.(unless its your dad and hes a spammer) lol

they're just more likely to leave 'their type' of comments. In other words, a comment that has bad spelling, bad grammar, and is very short, 'spam spam spam spam spam...' goes through our minds, however, this comment may have been made by a 9 yr. old, who may not be as intelligent, or educated, i'll say, in how to use good grammar, spelling, and may not know exactly how to describe what the heck they're talking about.

well, i have to say thats fairly close. some of us know what spam is and try to avoid it. yes we have bad grammer/language/spelling but we can have thoughtful comments. (I personally think this is my longest comment ever, lol, beside the point isn't it)
Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

i am 10 i do not think that i am a spammer am I

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ain't it odd how some 'kids' can pull off to be older than they really are? I don't know, I'm told I sound 2o something from others, I personally don't think so, I think I sound 14 how I am, oh well. Crazynaitor I had always jst thought to be 13, then gain, I don't really pay attention all to much to the ages listed and merely think 'erson' lol.

I possilbe agree with this, some people probably think that I am way older then I actually am, and that is because I have a high intellect level...and also, I like to read so I have a vast knowledge of words and grammer, etc...

BTW, I am not boasting, just proving my point...

If say a 10y.o was good at writing and liked to read, then they could seem older. Hmm, when I was ten...4 years ago...Year 5, I was on Runescape...I can't really remember what I was like....

There is no real evidence to show that people younger than 13 are more likely to spam...

KingRyan
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Being the super nerd that I am (lol) I decided to go and get some statistics... the results were suprising...

I looked on Tactical Assassing 2 Pages 8 and 14.
This is what I found...

Out of 32 'spam' comments that I looked at, only 2 were made by users under 13.

18 were made by over 13 y.o + users.

12 uses who spammed disclosed their name. (Didn't tell it!)

Variables: I didn't count double posts (or Quadruple in this case) just how many spamming users. Also, I counted a spam comment as one that had only one or two words or something that didn't relate to the game...such as 'The Zombies looked really cool!'...?

These statistics scare me, but I guess that they are to be expected. There are likely to be more members aged 13+ because people up to the age of 65+ could be on here...also there are possibly only 6-12 y.o's, not any younger...

Think about it...52 years of people over 13 to spam, yet only 6 of under 13's. You do the math...

Hope these statistics help!

KingRyan
invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

I think it's okay, as long as you can take some games like boxhead and the last stand. That's the only reason they say you have to be 13.

Showing 31-45 of 76