ForumsForum GamesRussian Roulette {Forum Game Version}

76 14605
Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

So one day, I was bored, and decided to turn Russian Roulette into a forum game. It's pretty simple, just read the rules and you'll get it.

The first rules are for actual Russian roulette, for those who don't know how to play. If you already know how to play normal Russian roulette, skip towards the second part of the rules, which are about the changes that make this a forum game.

Gameplay of Russian Roulette:
In Russian Roullette, two people play a life or death match for bets. One revolver is used for the two players. The first person places their bet, then loads however many bullets they want into the revolver, after which they spin the cylinder and fire at their own head. If they live, they get the bet, if they die...well, they die and the other person wins the bet. If the person lives, then the other person places a higher bet and also loads bullets, after which they repeat the process, and so on so forth.

The forum game:
This forum game is basically a tournament version of Russian roulette. Eight people can sign up at a time. Every player starts with $100 to use for bets. Five groups of two people will fight first, decreasing as the rounds progress throughout the tournament.

After every group of two people is picked, whoever posts next from each group posts either "heads" or "tails," after which a coin will be flipped (Yes an actual coin flip not a random pick) and whoever loses the coin flip goes first.

During their turn, a person can put as many bullets in their revolver as they want, up to 5 out of 6. For every bullet they put in, they will be allowed to raise their bet by 20$. If the person lives, they take that amount of money from their opponent and allow them to go next. If they lose and die, the other person moves on after taking all of the losers money. This game is completely run by chance, and it's simply for the purposes of testing your luck.

Ex. (A bit long)
Player 1: I'll join
Player 2: Can I join?
Player 3: Mind if I come too?
Player 4: I'll try it out!
Player 5: Let me play please.
Player 6: Can I play?
Player 7: I'll play if you don't mind.
Player 8: Yay I made it! Can I join?

Unkown: Alright, the teams are: Players 1 + 2, Players 3 + 4, Players 5 + 6, and players 7 + 8

Player 1: Alright, I'll take heads.
Player 3: I'll take tails.
Player 6: Can I have heads please?
Player 7: Heads here.

Unkown: Alright. Player 1 has won in their team, Player 4 has won in their team, Player 6 has won in their team, and Player 8 has won in their team.

Player 2: Fine, I'll load two bullets and take a $40 bet.
Player 3: I'll load 1 bullet, $20 bet.
Player 6: Huh, well I'm feeling lucky today > 5 bullets with $100 bet.
Player 8: I don't wanna lose yet. 1 bullet, $20 bet.

Unkown: Alright: Round 1; Player 2 has won in his group, Player 3 has lost in their group, Player 6 has won in his group, and Player 8 has won in his round. Players 1 and 2, 5 and 6, and 7 and 8 will move on. Player 4 will wait for the next round.

And so on so forth. Hopefully I made it simple enough. Have fun!

• 76 Replies
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

My bad. I'll bet 3 bullets and $60

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Tactical_Fish vs. Patrick2011: Tactical_Fish has survived and won $60. Patrick2011, please load the desired amount of bullets and set a corresponding bet.

Tactical_Fish:
$100
Patrick2011: $100

Laughable97 vs. pangtongshu: Laughable97 has one the coin flip and will go second. pangtongshu, please load the desired amount of bullets and set a corresponding bet.

Laughable97: $200
pangtongshu: $200

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I bet 2 bullets and $40.

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Patrick2011 vs. Tactical_Fish: Patrick2011 has survived, and gained $40. Tactical_Fish, please load the desired amount of bullets and set a corresponding bet.

Patrick2011:
$140
Tactical_Fish: $60

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Alright...2 bullets, 40 money

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

pangtongshu vs. Laughable97: pangtongshu has survived and gained $40. Laughable97, please load the desired amount of bullets and set a corresponding bet.

pangtongshu: $240
Laughable97: $160

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

3 bullets.

$60

Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

Leo, you got eliminated?

O.o?

2 bullets $40

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Woops. xD

Sorry, ignore my post.

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Laughable97 vs. pangtongshu: Laughable97 has survived and gained $40. pangtongshu, please load the desired amount of bullets and set a corresponding bet.

pangtongshu: $200
Laughable97: $200

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

2 bullets, $40 bet.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

1 bullet, $20

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

pangtongshu vs. Laughable97: Wimp XP. pangtongshu has survived and gained $20. Laughable97, please load the desired amount of bullets and set a corresponding bet.

pangtongshu: $220
Laughable97: $180

Tactical_Fish vs. Patrick2011: Tactical_Fish has, sadly, died. Patrick2011, you will be moving on, and will have to wait for a winner to be determined from the other team.

Tactical_Fish: Defeated
Patrick2011: Moving on with $200

Laughable97
Laughable97
125 posts
Nomad

5 bullets $100

Let's go!

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

Laughable97 vs. pangtongshu: Quite surprisingly, Laughable97 has won, and gained $100. pangtongshu, your turn.

Laughable97: $280
pangtongshu: $120

Showing 46-60 of 76