ForumsThe TavernThe Little Red Circle...Is Working!

25 3342
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

So i'm geussing that you've seen that weird red dot near your username on your file right? Well if your the 12% of people that don't know, it was supposed to show if you were online (logged in and have any armor games page open) or offline (the opposite), but it didn't work so they just left it there...god knows why. But i just went to my file page and saw... IT WAS WORKING! I just want to say something because i was to lazy to see if everyone else has made a forum about this. So...IM HAPPY! Man I havn't made a pointless forum in a while...feels good!

• 25 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Exactly, except I don't know how user activity will be effected. As of right now it hasn't changed much, but today was pretty slow.

The increase in activity may be so small, that we wont even notice it, except maybe the long term effects.
TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

Hey guys...sooo...we were talking about a simple circle?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Seriously, who joined this site today just because they saw the green light working? Probably no one, right? But if they see a template change, new skin and a slightly altered layout people would go crazy over the new changes

The people who are already here would go crazy over the changes, but it doesn't seem likely that a more users will flock to sign up because the template has changed. Most people who just come online to play games aren't even going to notice a change like that unless it completely alters their gaming experience, which is hard for even the most dramatic template change to accomplish.

Also, it just doesn't make sense for someone to visit a site and not like it because of the template, and then come back the next day to register when the template has changed. They'd have to be anticipating the change, which is not something that's easy to do when you aren't connected with the community in some way. And suppose they do see it coming on their first day ever on AG because they happen to stumble across an article discussing the update that will take place the following day (supposing of course that said articles will exist in the future). "Oh, the template is going to change tomorrow. I'll register then instead of now" is not a thought that will be going through anyone's mind.

Hey guys...sooo...we were talking about a simple circle?

The circle is green again. Hooray. Only 37 topics have been made about it so far.

Seriously though, it sounds like you're trying to drive a valid discussion into the ground. Or flush it down the toilet, if you prefer metaphors that contain toilets.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

As one who enjoyed the online feature, i'm very happy it's back. It's always handy to know who's online - mainly the mods and admins !

TDOG422
TDOG422
528 posts
Shepherd

...I meant that this is a pointless post...

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, it's awesome! That guy is god among men!

Haha, I can't argue with that! =)

This dot is pretty cool actually, and convenient. I don't know why it wasn't working before but I am glad it works now. Its pretty cool. =)
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

After all these years, at least something works again.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You're just a wet blanket-***-pessimist.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You're just a wet blanket

.. I don't know how to process that.

Yea, AG had a moment were things where going down hill but.... SOMEBODY made things better here...
Showing 16-24 of 25