ForumsWEPRgun controle gone wrong again.

100 31401
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester
  • 100 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Say whatever you want, here in Israel we dont fear that a criminal with a knife will assult you.

Don't fear /= No reason to fear.

the father have a premition to be an executiner

He shouldn't have gone for kill shots, if that's what you mean. He also shouldn't have shot the gun at all if it could have been avoided.

So yeah. Father goofed and kid was messed up. It was a bad, uncommon situation that is not by any means an accurate thing to extrapolate all gun owners/situations on.

there are no cloaktowers snipers, and no crazy kids rampages, people dont kill the boss or crow workers, peopel dont get shot for how they dress

So a few events a year, in a population over 300 million...those people were messed up to begin with. Even if they didn't have a gun, they would have carried out their crime another way.

You're arguing from extreme events and trying to make it sound like they happen all the time. They don't.

you make yourself look like a bunch of hillybillies who shoot afro-americans and hispanic peopels on the streets.

You make yourself look extremely ignorant by basing all your views on over-exaggerated stereotypes.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Btw, Danielo. You're comparing how often stuff happens in Israel to the U.S.A. right? Well, take the amount of crimes involving guns you hear about and multiply them by 43. That's how it compares statistically.

So, one rampage by some crazy dude out of a population of 7 million is equivalent to 43 crazy dudes in the U.S.A. rampaging. You can call numbers all you want, but proportions need to be taken into account.

geedds
geedds
20 posts
Nomad

If you do find a robber, and you are not a small kid, you start to shout and yrll at him, he will run away.

Ok so what do you do when the robber wants to hurt you what if hes a rapist and your a woman? Lay down and submit to being *****?

USA lieing to iself that gun are a normal thing fora modern country. its not. you make yourself look like a bunch of hillybillies who shoot afro-americans and hispanic peopels on the streets.

Hey moron yes moron because you are to retarded to come up with a valid argument other then the race card.

Self defense is not a race issue.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

"there is no guns in most of the western world"

LOL Yes there is, what about the cartels in mexico?

"adn want to hear a secret? the police does help. so maybe they wont catch a burgler on the spot. but its not your job in the modern world. you cant arrest people. you cant shoot peoples.

I don't know about Israel, but police in America are REALLY slow.

"USA lieing to iself that gun are a normal thing fora modern country."

It's normal to us, we don't have a huge ancient history full of sword fights, every war we've been in we have used guns.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I don't know about Israel, but police in America are REALLY slow.

1) Israel's police force is proportionally much larger.
2) They aren't that slow. Give them some credit. They're just too slow for if you're in immediate danger.

Hey moron yes moron because you are to retarded to come up with a valid argument other then the race card.

Watch the personal attacks.
geedds
geedds
20 posts
Nomad

[quote]Watch the personal attacks

Yeah ok its ok for him to insult me (a black guy) but wrong for me to point out his retardness ok.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

USA lieing to iself that gun are a normal thing fora modern country. its not. you make yourself look like a bunch of hillybillies who shoot afro-americans and hispanic peopels on the streets.

Well, no. The right to bear arms has nothing to do with how modern today's society is. As for looking like a bunch of hillbillies, that's just anti-gun propaganda.

Also, do refrain from name calling please, thanks.

And here is question - so even if the poor kid was a thief. the father have a premition to be an executiner? execute the thief on the spot? even when we encouter terrorists we never shoot ot kill. even if he has knife. the most majority of them are in prison, not in cemeteries. Kids at the age of 18 but trained very well, who dont kill when they panic.

Most of the time, things don't work out the way presented in the story. This story was a freak accident built off of a huge misunderstanding.

Again, I can point to a number of stories were people have used guns to save lives. You say that criminals just run away when you shout at them, but this isn't Dora the Explorer. There are many situations where people who can't defend themselves are harmed in numerous ways, physically and mentally.

Again, there are many people who have used guns to save lives. Many people who have been physically inferior to their attacker who leveled the playing field. There's a problem with gun violence in America, but we can't blame guns. As stated so many times before, there are varying levels of gun crimes throughout America, where often the most strict gun control cities have the most gun crimes.

Obviously there's more to consider, we can't just look at the number of gun crimes and how strict gun control is. We should see if we can find any other correlations. We should look and see how many of these gun crimes come from gangs or have anything to do with the drug trade.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I apologize, I didn't realize the first thing I quoted from geedds was a quote from someone else.

Still, refrain from name calling.

Yeah ok its ok for him to insult me (a black guy) but wrong for me to point out his retardness ok.

He insulted you by having a different opinion. Unless I missed it, he didn't say anything having to do with race.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

I would like people to think: What if he was trying to actually steal from his Aunt? That wouldn't mean it was justified, but why was he wearing a ski mask and coming in like a burglar anyways?

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

And here is question - so even if the poor kid was a thief. the father have a premition to be an executiner? execute the thief on the spot? even when we encouter terrorists we never shoot ot kill. even if he has knife. the most majority of them are in prison, not in cemeteries. Kids at the age of 18 but trained very well, who dont kill when they panic.

Not a "executor" just a home defender its not like he told the kid to get on his knees then shot him in the back of the head, he saw the kid with a ski mask and a knife and felt threatened and shot him protect his family. I would do the exact same thing.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

That my point! Almost everyone have gun in USA. Every mental healthy man can have a gun.

One of the first thing you learn when recruting to the IDF is " purity of arms". Its vert tempting to shot. Very easy. Almost *click* boom he is dead. But you have to control yourself. If not banning guns, utlist declear that every man have to take some "lessons". Not everyone can handle such responsebilty. Its a killing machin, not a toy. "Feel threat", people feel this way by many things.
Here a story. I was arguing with a class mate on politics. Im left winger, he his right/almost fashist winger. We argue on our way to class. Then some of his friends came. Befor i could even move, i found myself sorrunded by peoples, 'bullies', that call me traitor. One of them said he want that ill day. I was frighten, couldnt breath. Then the dude who argue with me move them off, said he is sorry about them and went on.

Im telling you, if i hade a pistol in my pocket that momment, i would propebly be in jail right now. I truely understand the father. When you feel threaten, you act. No thinking. And when you have gun, its simple. You 'just' pull the trigger. Boom.

Does some furnitur worth more than human life? Does it worth to shoot a guy who is so desperye for your TV?

How many times as kids you so wanted to revenge a bully? Kill him maybe?
Its just dont worth it.

And sorry if i sounded racist. Didnt tried toinsult any human (hate the word "race&quot.

PS i found it quite funny that when an Israeli soliders accedently shot a kid while under fire, he get called "children murdurer" But here its not the shooter fault (it is not hes fault).

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Sorry on first sentence.
Many is the word. I do know that most people dont have one in USA.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Does some furnitur worth more than human life?

If a person is threatening to kill for it, then apparently it is to them.

Does it worth to shoot a guy who is so desperye for your TV?

When a robber's only intention is to take the stuff, why would they hold a weapon?
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

To feel protected. In most cases, they dont bring wepones.

You guys talk like thiefs are people who kill everyone in there way with a brutal knife. Mostly its just the shooter, who is in stress, see something in the thief hand, and have no time to find out if its a phone or a wepone.

So in my opinion, peoples who want gun dont need only to practice in a range, but also on the mental side, of keeping calm with the gun. Dont be paniced. Paniced man do mistakes.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Almost everyone have gun in USA

Some basic figures

So no, not almost everyone. Around half. This will vary depending on the area.

As for the rest of that post...I generally agree. This doesn't mean that people shouldn't be allowed to have firearms though.
Showing 46-60 of 100