ForumsWEPRgun controle gone wrong again.

100 31348
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester
  • 100 Replies
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Dammet, when i said "mongols" i meant ginges khan, not the modern country of mongolia....

So you mean the guy who united an entire country and had the best laws that wasn't seen until the 1900's and is still better than America's current laws? That's who I'm talking about.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I know ginges, dude. I dont say he was a "crazy asias" like most think. i meant the pillaging skills. the ride in, taking everything and getting out like a storme. i mean, with all the respect to the mongol army and law, they pretty much shacked everywher they went outside there "home" territory, wher the settled down. and im not sure about the law thing, as much as modern it was for the time.
Ginges was a great leader, for his peoples. he was quite cruel to his enemies. and on that im talking.

Ok fine, vikings are good enough??? i hope that no denish or norwigian will hate me now...

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

So you mean the guy who united an entire country and had the best laws that wasn't seen until the 1900's and is still better than America's current laws? That's who I'm talking about.

talking about ginges khan again?

he united a country my killing massive amounts of people for no reason. ***** about every woman he came across whit.
the only reason he united people was because everyone feared him.
if you just said anything he didn't like. you were dead.

his laws are better then usa's current laws?
sorry im not a fan of the usa laws myself. but atleast they do not kill entire city's in their own territory to show the rest of their citizens that they have to obay the law.
ofcourse out of fear they will obay the law. but does that justice the death of a entire city?

it's good to be proud of your nations history. but you can also take it a step to far.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

these "thieves" are not nomads from other country who come, pillage and run way. they are peoples!

and when i said Nomads, i meant raid parties.

i meant the pillaging skills. the ride in, taking everything and getting out like a storme.

Ok fine, vikings are good enough???

You're still implying that pillagers are not people.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

he united a country my killing massive amounts of people for no reason. ***** about every woman he came across whit.
the only reason he united people was because everyone feared him.
if you just said anything he didn't like. you were dead.

his laws are better then usa's current laws?
sorry im not a fan of the usa laws myself. but atleast they do not kill entire city's in their own territory to show the rest of their citizens that they have to obay the law.
ofcourse out of fear they will obay the law. but does that justice the death of a entire city?

it's good to be proud of your nations history. but you can also take it a step to far.

All bolded things are wrong. They also weren't living in fear of Chingis Khan. In fact, they were mostly happy.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

1 66 million Second World War 20C
2 40 million Mao Zedong (mostly famine) 20C
40 million Genghis Khan 13C
4 27 million British India (mostly famine) 19C
5 25 million Fall of the Ming Dynasty 17C
6 20 million Taiping Rebellion 19C
20 million Joseph Stalin 20C
8 18½ million Mideast Slave Trade 7C-19C
9 17 million Timur Lenk 14C-15C
10 16 million Atlantic Slave Trade 15C-19C
11 15 million First World War 20C
15 million Conquest of the Americas 15C-19C
13 13 million An Lushan Revolt 8C
14 10 million Xin Dynasty 1C
10 million Congo Free State 19C-20C
16 9 million Russian Civil War 20C
17 7½ million Thirty Years War 17C
7½ million Fall of the Yuan Dynasty 14C
19 7 million Fall of Rome 5C
7 million Chinese Civil Wars 20C

The number after the event is what century.

source

~~~Darth Caedus

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

No one was happy in the age wher ginges lived. most were poor peasent who died at the age of 30, lived in mud, ate mud and dranke mud. no happines there.

the other few were nobility. the one who served ginges were maybe happy, and his own clansman were happy, because of morale. but the other nation nobility, for exmple turkministan, were dead. or throwen to the street as there lands were taken. no happines here too.

So who was happy? mongolia? most of them stayed poor farmers. The only happy peoples were the drunk, and happy for some momment, and ginges party, friends and family, and his loyal nobility.
Maybe the citizens of his favorite city lived a bit better, like in samarkand, but the poor peoples of baggdad didnt. they got slaughtered. same in some places in China.

spying, treason, desertion, theft, and adultery, and persistent bankruptcy in the case of merchants were all punishable by execution.
. better that USA laws.
Dont get me wrong, his system was quite good, Ginges laws were quite strict, but yet fair, as not based on religion or ethnicity, like most of the world at the time.

So, my summary - no one was 'happy' in medieval, exept the very rich and the nobility, which often were the same.

And back to the topic - Goddammet forget i ever entered into it...
I shouled have said alien invasion or something... no one care about evil aliens {Not that i say they all are!}...
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

So, my summary - no one was 'happy' in medieval, exept the very rich and the nobility, which often were the same.

And you expect that to change? Let's review the times, shall we?

Ancient Rome: Broken into a hierarchy with slaves at the bottom and the Emperor at the top. The main parts are the Citizens, essentially low-middle class people. Then you have the wealthy, i.e. successful merchants and aristocrats, then you have the Senators.
On to the Middle Ages
Broken into farmers, merchants, the aristocratic body, and the King. Rich are happy, huge wealth gap.
The Victorian age: Main body of workers and craftsmen, then the merchants, then the aristocratic society. Certainly little happiness in those days.
Today: Main body of lower-middle class citizens, with businessmen and corporate bigwigs way above the citizens, and then you have the politicians, an even more corrupt version of aristocracy.

No matter what, the rich are always happier then the poor.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

All bolded things are wrong. They also weren't living in fear of Chingis Khan. In fact, they were mostly happy.

it's not wrong.
i guess it's part of your countrys propaganda that you think this is wrong.
people did fear khan and that is the only thing all those people united.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

The number after the event is what century.

those numbers have nothing to do whit gun controle. but whit war.

and we shouldn't look at history. morals / laws and corruption has changed alot since then. (atleast in most parts of the world. some might be behind on it because they don't want to change it. kinda like what religions are doing)
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Those numbers were a response to what you said about ghengis khan.

stuff hasn't really changed, it is still just as bad as it was back then.

~~~Darth Caedus

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Yep. When we make ourselve stereotipes or even fear, it much easy to shoot someone. I dont want to offence, but look at the USAians posts. its like shooting a thiefe is a natural, blessed thing. You can do it. its ok.

I yet think its not ok, but who am i to say that? i live in another socity, diffrunte culture as it seems.

And here a question - is that a circle? thieves got more violante because land owner start shooting? who came first, the chicken or hte egg?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

its like shooting a thiefe is a natural, blessed thing. You can do it. its ok.

Ah ah ah, it's shooting a robber, not a thief. A thief wouldn't have been this stupid.

Also, the thieves came first, why the heck would a landowner just kill some random person, instigating the invention of the thief?
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Ah ah ah, it's shooting a robber, not a thief. A thief wouldn't have been this stupid.

Why do you even make that distinction... both are people who break into your house. The only difference to me seems that one gets caught and the other not. Makes sense - not.

They're still people. If they threaten your life, you may shoot - but I agree with danielo in that it is gratuitous to kill someone for a theft. I sure understand you want your stolen good back before they get away, but is it worth killing someone? Also, why should this be tolerated but on the other side a robber can sue you if they get hurt in your house? Doesn't make sense.

Also, the thieves came first, why the heck would a landowner just kill some random person, instigating the invention of the thief?

He didn't ask whether the thief itself came first or not; he was talking about their violence. People breaking into your house only wear guns because the residents started shooting at them.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

He didn't ask whether the thief itself came first or not; he was talking about their violence. People breaking into your house only wear guns because the residents started shooting at them.
I must disagree, because if I am robing someone, even a peaceful hunter-gatherer, I will still take a gun because that way he would have to close distance before he took me down, giving me time to shoot.

~~~Darth Caedus
Showing 76-90 of 100