ForumsWEPRNew law in Arizona that makes trolling illegal?

22 9235
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Has anyone else heard of this new law? Seriously i wish, even through this is never gonna happen, that politicians actually started learning about the internet. Maybe from us "nerds" as they stated during SOPA.
Here is the link: http://gizmodo.com/5898585/itll-soon-be-illegal-to-troll-in-arizona

• 22 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I think if they actually tried to enforce this law, it would be prohibitively expensive, and if it does pass, one has to wonder how long into the next set of politicians the law would last.

ex. Back up in Washington there was a tax created for any non-flour or other such thing based food, like candy. This lasted a year before being repealed, I am guessing this will be the same.

p.s. If they made it illegal to troll on sites like the governor's official site, that would make sense.

~~~Darth Caedus

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

ex. Back up in Washington there was a tax created for any non-flour or other such thing based food, like candy. This lasted a year before being repealed, I am guessing this will be the same.

well pizza is still called healthy food. so that schools can sell it in the cafeteria.
some crazy things are staying.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Wow, I feel like this would be very hard to inforce.

Just imagine it...literal Internet Police O_o

well pizza is still called healthy food. so that schools can sell it in the cafeteria.

Don't be foolish! Pizza is a vegetable!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhgjoeUm2qzCwgEyYTmbEk4sSSEoiMD8N_tatNxi-T4Bm9fQxu
SwordmasterQ
SwordmasterQ
29 posts
Nomad

Doesn't this make politicians illegal in Arizona? They commonly use electronic devices to sling mud at each other, especially around election time on TV.
And most people find those ADs extremely annoying.

IF it will put an end to those damm annoyin' political ads, I WANT IT PASSED!... Of course then 2 things would happen: A- they'll use a legal loophole to get around it/just ignore the law alltogether and B-Oh, yeah, there's that thing about it violating my rights as a ****ING HUMAN BEING!
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

[quote]Just imagine it...literal Internet Police O_o"

I laughed so hard when i saw that, it made me imagine two people with derpy faces and cop uniforms, with the words I.P (internet police) and ask "is this the location of the armorgames user wflag10"? I would've put on my trollface on and told them it was my neighbor.

But did anybody else read the law? It basically states that you can't curse, or be "annoying".

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Not everything served in caferteria's is healthy food, have you seen the fries they give us here.

wflag, if you tell them it was me I would show them my account and they could go through my computer and they would be able to tell I have never logged on under that name, then they would go back to your house and arrest you.

~~~Darth Caedus
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Why are we talking about food now? I'm getting hungry..... *stomach growls*

Showing 16-22 of 22