ForumsGamesAG minecraft?

23 4442
RyanHunter2000
RyanHunter2000
3 posts
Nomad

Who thinks armor games should hve a minecraft server? I play minecraft all the time and my vote is yes.

• 23 Replies
The_Fire_Ninja
The_Fire_Ninja
15 posts
Nomad

I dont know man, it sounds cool but why does Armor Games NEED a minecraft server? There already so awesome.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Minecraft is an indie game, meaning the creators publish and run it themselves. If AG received a Minecraft serer, they would need to have AG co-publish it, ruining the "indie game" feel. I know AG doesn't co-publish a lot of their games, but I know they do to some extent with MMOs.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Minecraft is an indie game, meaning the creators publish and run it themselves. If AG received a Minecraft serer, they would need to have AG co-publish it, ruining the "indie game" feel. I know AG doesn't co-publish a lot of their games, but I know they do to some extent with MMOs.

I think the ITT is to get a MC server for AG users only. Stuff where the factions led by me, Ernie, and ManlyMan can go to war and stuff using DIAMOND SWORDS!!

-Chillz
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I agree with the master of chillness, I would join ernies team...

DIAMOND SWORD, FTW!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think the ITT is to get a MC server for AG users only.

You can't be serious. Seriously? No. Can't be. No ****ing way.

Please tell me this is true.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

We can only dream my friend, we can only dream.

I think the ITT is to get a MC server for AG users only. Stuff where the factions led by me, Ernie, and ManlyMan can go to war and stuff using DIAMOND SWORDS!!

I honestly think it would be better to try to get some of AG's coders to make some custom mods so that this is partially created by the users. Just a thought, because regular pvp can get a bit dull after a few days.
MarioManiac99
MarioManiac99
3 posts
Peasant

maybe... it would be a littleweird mixing flsh with inie games but it just might work.....

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

It'd be perfectly possible, if someone really wants to go through the trouble (and potential financial investment!), since anyone can host a Minecraft server. But yeah, it'd most likely have to be a community-run server.

I honestly think it would be better to try to get some of AG's coders to make some custom mods so that this is partially created by the users. Just a thought, because regular pvp can get a bit dull after a few days.

It's a neat idea to be sure, but it's more complicated than you'd think. In addition to making the mods to begin with, they'd need to regularly maintain and fix them when problems occur or new versions get released.
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I could also see someone in the community opening a server and keeping it just for us AG bros.

-Chillz

alexandrica
alexandrica
100 posts
Nomad

I could also see someone in the community opening a server and keeping it just for us AG bros.

I think it's a good ideea to make something like this.I mean why does AG would make his own MC? I don't say that AG users to don't make their own servers that would be perfect of playing games with your AG friends. I say that the AG don't earn anything by working for a MC server but the AG users would earn a lot if THEY because not only that they would have their server (i think that every MC player would like to have one) but it is going to be one where only AG users would like.
So with this i say that WE should work for it and not AG.Maybe semone would make a forum tread or just invite everybody posting on their profiles a massage like :"Hey i just made a server for AG users and only AG users, send this to your friends and fill the server".this is my opinion if you think that we should just stay there and wait for other people to do our work say it.

-Alexandrica the archer-
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Quickbit - you can run a server off of an actual IP, right? Websites are actually IPs, right? If AG (this is a long shot, but hypothetically speaking) made a separate subdomain to host a MC server and used the MySQL database (given that they use MySQL, which I wouldn't be surprised, and since all of the usernames would be listed in there anyways, or if their MC username is different, contain a different data form for it, like Xbox Live and PS3 and Wii) to White-list all of the AG users, only the AG users White-listed would be able to join. If they did get the server running up like that - which I am certain is possible - all it would take is an AG account, the subdomain AG uses to host it, and a Minecraft account to connect.

I can build a members system that requires logins, and I know how to let users connect utilizing alternate usernames and passwords, much like how someone can login to RuneScape using their Facebook account.
It's virtually the same setup.

Then again, I have a life, so don't count on me. xD
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

It's a neat idea to be sure, but it's more complicated than you'd think. In addition to making the mods to begin with, they'd need to regularly maintain and fix them when problems occur or new versions get released.

Well, knowledge of decent coding, WinRar, and some of he simplest graphics, and there's a mod. To be honest, as long as there's not a major change to Minecraft, such as the actual engine, or a line of code that alters the game in such a way, routine updates to said mods won't be necessary.
Obviously the first few weeks/months will demand a couple of touch-ups, but isn't that in any game?

Quickbit - you can run a server off of an actual IP, right? Websites are actually IPs, right? If AG (this is a long shot, but hypothetically speaking) made a separate subdomain to host a MC server and used the MySQL database (given that they use MySQL, which I wouldn't be surprised, and since all of the usernames would be listed in there anyways, or if their MC username is different, contain a different data form for it, like Xbox Live and PS3 and Wii) to White-list all of the AG users, only the AG users White-listed would be able to join. If they did get the server running up like that - which I am certain is possible - all it would take is an AG account, the subdomain AG uses to host it, and a Minecraft account to connect.

Not sure if it would be able to recognize all of this.

Isn't this what we wanted?
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I can build a members system that requires logins, and I know how to let users connect utilizing alternate usernames and passwords, much like how someone can login to RuneScape using their Facebook account.
It's virtually the same setup.

Okay then.

Then again, I have a life, so don't count on me. xD

Oh, I'm sure we can find somone.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Here are two guides I looked over to help set up a Minecraft server: Minecraft Forum guide and Minecraft Wiki guide. They don't say how to incorperate AG's username system, but that's a bit too advanced for most people. :P
I'm sure someone could just make a server for the site and host it on Minecraft's website.

ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

What if certain people don't have minecraft. I do, but lag is too much.

Showing 1-15 of 23