Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Presidential Debate Tonight

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 5:24pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,440 posts

Knight

CEOs like David Siegel are blackmailing their employees saying that if they vote for Obama, they will lose their job.

Heard about that. Even though there is no way he could control his employees' vote (right??), he sure puts some pressure on them. Though this is technically not Romney's fault.

I quite like the term 'Romnesia', however. It's very fitting

Posted Oct 23, '12 at 11:44pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,243 posts

seen parts of it while i was busy now.
and what keeps bugging me is that romney wants more usa influence abroad.

didn't the republicans learn anything the last 10 year?
fix your own country. and don't stick your noses in the problems of others.

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 7:41am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,803 posts

Knight

Heard about that. Even though there is no way he could control his employees' vote (right??), he sure puts some pressure on them. Though this is technically not Romney's fault.

No it's not, but it is telling of the group at large being voted in with Romney.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 11:44am

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

As if it weren't bad enough, ******** CEOs like David Siegel are blackmailing their employees saying that if they vote for Obama, they will lose their job. Talk about Conservative at their worse. These criminals will do anything, I mean anything to prevent Obama from being re-elected.

It's not like conservatives are the only ones who do that. Jussayin'.

I'm surprised Romney didn't mention Libya. Maybe he was rubbing it in by not talking about it, because I can hardly go around and not hear about it...

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 3:22pm

dair5

dair5

3,475 posts

It's not like conservatives are the only ones who do that. Jussayin'.

That was a link of a troll who said Romney sucks. Why are you comparing it to a boss who tries to blackmail his employees out of voting for Obama? I think there's a big difference.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 3:54pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

That was a link of a troll who said Romney sucks. Why are you comparing it to a boss who tries to blackmail his employees out of voting for Obama? I think there's a big difference.

I think it's comparable in that they were both forcing their views on others - while one meant the loss of a job (which would be unconstitutional; the guy might not last for long if he truly does), it's not like the left-wing doesn't do anything even close to it. Obviously, simply because Obama is black isn't an entirely viable reason to want to vote for him (appeal to racism?). Also, appeal to authority and butt 'jokes' are in there. ._.

I see blackmail for both and almost certainly both problems wouldn't get so far as to be fulfilled.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 4:47pm

dair5

dair5

3,475 posts

it's not like the left-wing doesn't do anything even close to it.

I see blackmail for both and almost certainly both problems wouldn't get so far as to be fulfilled

I agree that there are people who support Obama who probably do the same thing, but the link you gave implied that you were going to actually give an example of one. I dunno, it just seems like your point would have gotten across a lot better if you gave an example that was pretty much the same. (But with the boss being an Obama supporter of course.)

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 1:51pm

Sauron23

Sauron23

277 posts

Romney did better in the first one, but Obama did better in the other two. One thing I don't understand about Romney's plan: he says that he's going to make tax cuts, put more money into education and the military, but where is he going to get all of this money if he's making tax cuts?

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 2:23pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,472 posts

Knight

He says he will get it through closing tax loops; which has been proven by non partisan think tanks to be rot. There is no such thing as a free lunch; spending more whilst saying you can cut back on sources of revenue defies basic arithmetic.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 2:26pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,472 posts

Knight

Romney didn't talk about Libya because he realized the futility of accusing te President for what was not his fault and because he realized that making political attacks over the death of a diplomat during the 9/11 truce was a political embarrassment that has been condemned across the aisle.

Reply to Presidential Debate Tonight

You must be logged in to post a reply!