ForumsArt, Music, and WritingNaNoWriMo 2012

53 18645
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's almost that time of year again, but it seems like no one is here.

Anyone else taking this up?

• 53 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The goal is to get 50000 words of your story down in 30 days, but you don't have to. There's no obligation. What you do is up to you. The only reason you have to reach the goal is you wanting to reach the goal. You can just have fun.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

I should make an outline D: I have no time .... 50k words is too much to make them on the moment.. BTW I'll need a word count so i can see how many words I'm done with, so to know will my time will be enough. Also the biggest problem is that I'm not from English speaking country so if i want to use some fancy words i need to google a lot(Or you guys can do something to help???) Ahhh i need to know how the police works, if im gonna make a crime novel, with an supernatural ending and stuff D:

AWWWW my head hurts.... I go to school.. and when i write i do it in 3 stages -> Outline. raw and complete. Now i have to go from outline to complete..... i have to make the story, the beginning, the end, and few stuff so i can develop the story as i go, but gahhh Im so anxious and nervous, never done such a big thing.... 50k words .. I dont know if i can ever reach 10k.. The stories i made so far are only 6-7 max 10 pages long..... that's no more than 2k words i suppose?????

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Also the biggest problem is that I'm not from English speaking country so if i want to use some fancy words i need to google a lot

Write in your own language, no one but you are going to read it anyway (unless you decide to - publish it).

I have been doing NaNo while writing exam assignments. It's not super hard, it just means yo have to compromise the quality and how well you word your sentences. But edits are what December is for.

It's, what, 1700ish words a day. If you are in the mood, it's done fast.
xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Wait a minute, so this is not a contest? Oh i trough this is a contest and someone actually reads the novels and rates them...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

It's not cheating or exploiting if you start off with something already written and add 50K words to it by the end, is it?

That arbitrary rule apparently existed to protect foolhardy NaNoers from ruining the "anything goes" approach and making life harder for themselves. Once I'd done NaNo once, I decided to ignore it, and I agree, it makes things harder, but not impossible. However...

So I take it you learned from that one time you did all 50000 in a week or so only to scrap everything you wrote.

Yeah. Basically I don't want to get lost in "forever revisions" land.

Anyway, I've failed to finish the WoM before Halloween, and also it turns out instead of cushy nights, I'm covering the Renal unit for 3 weeks. Also I still have to finish writing up my PREP requirements otherwise the RACP won't let me progress to BPT2 and that would make my DPE pretty unhappy (doubly so since she's also my ES), so I better get the CEX, LNA, and PQR done...

So go bugger yourself Xzeno, and finish revising your WoM scene already!
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

One of the most relevant words I have come across, something akin to pulling an all-nighter. Still relevant to NaNo.

Less than two days to go before it starts.

Also I still have to finish writing up my PREP requirements otherwise the RACP won't let me progress to BPT2 and that would make my DPE pretty unhappy (doubly so since she's also my ES), so I better get the CEX, LNA, and PQR done...

I'm sure you can probably write 50000 words trying to explain all of those initialisms to us non-medical people.
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Wow this sounds like a fun challenge. Debating if I want to try. I don't think I will be able to complete a story, but might be fun to try.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Would love to do it, but, if I was to go in about 10000 words, I'd read over it and probably scrap half of it.
Does anyone have any good ideas/plots for a story?

Also have to do a geography project before next Thursday.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I've been stuck on a laptop with a broken keyboard for a long while (using an onscreen to type), so I thought for sure I'd miss out on the chance to fail at this again.

But I should be getting my proper laptop back by the end of this week, so we'll see.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Getting off to a slow start. What is everyone's first line?

First Line: "What can we do for you today, Mr. CheeseWizaard?"

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Getting off to a slow start. What is everyone's first line?

"In a rather hilarious blunder, the butler awoke to find a pair of rabid squirrels nesting within his bedding that eventful morning."
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

What is everyone's first line?

Ghosts? What are they to you?

So, I've decided to write about ghosts, for now, at least, whether that will still be my intention after a few thousand words.
Who knows?
AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

The tavern creaked and moaned under the heavy feet that tread upon its ancient and withered floor.

^First line.

At 1670 words thus far. Happehfaic
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Boards creaked as a small pair of feet shuffled across the oak floors, dust rising with each step.

First line. Lol sounds sort of similar to the line above.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

So we are 2/3 of the way through November no and I'm curious as to who is actually doing this now, and if you are, how are you doing? I have been trying, but I am still behind with about 25,000 words.

Showing 31-45 of 53