ForumsArt, Music, and WritingNaNoWriMo 2012

53 18633
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's almost that time of year again, but it seems like no one is here.

Anyone else taking this up?

• 53 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I knew this was coming...

I've got a killer idea for a political satire, but I think that I'll be too busy with school to put the effort into making an acceptable product. This is something I want to do, but it's either do this kr any number of Lab Relorts and Essays for my AP classes.

I am looking and will conti ue to look forward to reading everyone elses submissions though, yours included Gantic.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I've been hemming and hawing since January about participating, came up with about three different storylines, and threw them all out the window, where they smashed into the concrete and died on impact. Not only that, but November will be crammed with College Apps D:
Unless I come up with something spectacular within the next week or so, I won't be participating, though I can't wait to see what ideas others have.
I was kind of looking forward to see what Mav could come up with but SOMEONE is getting an education instead of filling a month with caffeine and frenzied writing. Philistine. :P

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

40,000 words

I could of swore it was 50,000 words?
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

I'm sitting out this one. I'm still working on the novel I did for last year's WriMo. I have 25,000 words. I don't expect to finish it by November.

Next year, maybe. It's not my goal to finish the book by the end of November, but I'd like a good jumpstart.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Yes! I shall be! For the fifth year, hopefully my fourth win.

I finish exams on the 10th, which is one day earlier than last year, so I should have no trouble with it...and will probably aim for around 60-70k.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I have the oldest account here and I've never finished. That's how bad I am at this. I've got a title, and a premise as well as a scene I'd like to write, but that's it. Hopefully I'll have this fully outlined by the end of the month, so I can at least try to finish.

Add me if you'd like.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

40000 words? i dont think that i could do 500!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I usually do 12.5k in two days, then miss a day and never get back on track. This year I'm hoping to do a set of short stories and poems built around a theme of some sort rather than a single novel--as long as I'm producing 1667 words per day about something or a closely related set of somethings, I'm fine.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I did it once for a class 3 years ago. Maybe next year. Maybe.

I already have several ideas in mind for a novel. I have a good Western story set up similar to a cliche John Wayne movie, but more in a satirical fashion. It seems like everyone is doing or wants to do satire so I might omit that one. I'm also getting a Sci-Fi mentality going, but I want to create some lore to go along with it before I actually write it. There's also an idea that could easily become a really bad movie, where a guy wakes up and discovers he has a phone with phones numbers to every government agency in the world and he can summon any military to his feet in a matter of minutes. That one's pretty far-fetched though, and I almost haven't any details for it. Lastly I'd like to do something with a superhero type character, but he decides to take a more neutral path and eliminate anything he considers a threat. He's similar to [PRTOTYPE]'s Alex Mercer, meaning he can shift his body tissue into almost anything and can adsorb more tissue to become stronger. That also requires some work because it's a little on-the-nose and it isn't anything different from what most people have seen.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

too bad theres no collaborative novels allowed...we could do a RP book where multiple paths collide and scatter and then boom climax and fizzle out

AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

Maybe, but probably not.

Depends on if my English teacher will give me a 100 for the semester if I do

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Just for fun, I think I'll write up my NaNo in Minecraft after the month is over. (Assuming I finish.) I've been meaning to create a new library. It'll give me a reason to start gathering resources again (and a reason to finish).

256 characters per page
50 pages
~4.5 characters per word I write
>50,000 words
I'll need at least 18 books and quills.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

lol does that include all the drafts gantic :P

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Nah. Just the final. I'd probably give myself several blank pages (probably 5?) every book for later corrections. Review and edit several times before I publish. Then I can also just replace a book instead of replacing the entire series.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ohh, that would make me die. I get so annoyed at the books in Minecraft! At least it would just be reproducing what you have already written, not starting from scratch.

Showing 1-15 of 53