ForumsThe TavernMartial Arts and Self Defense

8 1712
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

As many of you know, I am a type of "Martial Arts Master" or "Human Weapon", and this is about having an interest in any Martial Art you know or want to know. I know Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, (some) Marine Corp Martial Arts, (some) Pankration, Ninjutsu, Krav Maga, and a little bit of Judo. Anyone here who knows any Martial Arts or self defense moves of any kind?

• 8 Replies
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I did Taekwon-Do for 7 years. 5 hours a week. plus extra in summer.black belt. learned how to use a police baton effectively(he was also part of police program). can throw and atlatl and playing cards. i do archery. i dont know if that counts.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I practice baguazhang a bit...would love to learn Dim Mak so I can use them both together

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I am trying to learn some martial arts from my dad as he practiced it for over twenty years its like jeet kun do and kenpo

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Learning martial arts is something i've always been interested in but never really got the chance.

Think 21 is too old to go to beginner classes, lol?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I was a green belt in Hapkido... Doesn't really mean much in my family. Both of my sisters are 3rd degree black belts.

It was pretty fun actually, I enjoyed it.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Not at all Shona. I knew people in there 20s and 30s that were learning.

Anyhow, I have done 2 different types. One was only for a year and then I moved. The other I did for about 2ish years. So I know a few moves and stuff but I am not amazing at it.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I believe there are no age limits to Martial Arts classes, after, if Chuck Norris is still a Martial Artist and in his 70's Im sure you could be a Martial Artist as well. But younger of course.

I am trying to learn some martial arts from my dad as he practiced it for over twenty years its like jeet kun do and kenpo

Jeet Kun Do and Kenpo is a very good Martial Arts mixture. Good choice.
ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

I did Wushu for a couple of years, stopped for a year, then switched to kickboxing.

Showing 1-8 of 8