ForumsThe TavernMoney

44 7893
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Is it the root of all evil or does it rock your world? How do you feel about money?

• 44 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

My name is Shona, and I am a Spendaholic.

Someone is in need of an intervention, and this time it isn't me.

I volunteer to be your financial adviser. I'm not qualified since I have no background knowledge on finances other than years of knowing when not to buy something, but I'd work mostly for free and that's probably hard to come by these days.

Does anybody like the smell of money?

I love the smell of money. Every time I pull a bill out of my pocket, it's an instinct for me to sniff it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I think the desire for more money is just a physical manisfratation of our own deep seated grasping nature. But that doesn't mean money isn't an evil, by itself it does spur us on to rake in ever more. So I don't think it's wholly intrinsically nefarious, but qualifications need to be made.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I don't care about money at all. I've been poor my whole life and it's never bothered me before. It wouldn't make a difference to me if I had 10 quid to my name or 10 million.

benmitchell0036
benmitchell0036
8 posts
Peasant

You can never have enough of it, but, that being said, let money be your servant, not your master. Use money as a tool, don't let it be your primary motivator in life. I personally desire wealth so that I can pursue all of my interests without financial considerations stopping me.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

My name is Shona, and I am a Spendaholic.
I think money is both the root of all evil and rocks my world.

I've always earned a decent enough wage, a wage which will allow me not to die of starvation or frost-bite, but i have a legitimate problem with spending. I'll shop 'till i drop, and before you crack any girl shopping jokes, it's not even normal. I don't mean i'll go out and drop a load of cash on a nice new outfit - i'll buy whatever i see first. I live about 3x my means - drink a starbucks or two every day, will buy stuff for dinner even though there's plenty in the fridge. Most of my money goes on my dvd collection. I'm also prone to the spontaneous trip away somewhere. For example, i start my new job tomorrow and so with the last bit of money i had booked a flight to England to see my girl, and since i'm earning again, booked a hotel for the week too just because i could.

Serious problem.

Savings? Couldn't tell you what that means !

I dealt withis as follows.
The day pay comes
I'll take a portion of it and put it in a bag and forget about it.
I'll just assume that my actual income is income less saving.
and I make a monthly budget.
With all things accounted (including a portion for emergency exp)
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Here it is!! (In case anyone is interested.)

Money cologne. It also comes in a "hers" bottle, in case the ladies would like to try it out.

http://static.urbandaddy.com/cdn/4cf91346/uploads/assets/image/articles/standard//cdad5241c9d92e90704707fbb0e3d7d9.jpg

Those of you who like the smell of money would love to own this.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil
Today

But if you ask for a rise
It's no surprise that they're
Giving none away
Away
Away
Away
Away...

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

I love the smell of money. Every time I pull a bill out of my pocket, it's an instinct for me to sniff it.

Sometimes, i just lay on my bed, and drape it over my nose.(sniff, sniff heaven!)

Money cologne.

Where did you find that!?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Where did you find that!?

fficial&client=firefox-a">Just searched Google for it. Amazes me how people think of stuff like that.
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

HOW BOUT WE DONT VOTE OBAMA MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN

http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1009/vote-democrat-obama-waste-money-political-poster-1285530246.jpg

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

money is the evil in this world, it comsumes us all and pretty much makes life a living hello. without money, we would live in a care free world with no worries. allthough i do think the world would turn chaotic without money (no doubt it would), money is still evil.

That is an extremely pessimistic view of money.

Money is needed, and doubtless to say I bet that richer people are more content with life than poorer people. Definitely not all, but on a larger scale I would say yes.

Does anybody like the smell of money?

Wouldn't money just smell like paper? I've never actually smelled it before like you weirdos.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Wouldn't money just smell like paper? I've never actually smelled it before like you weirdos.

Money has a very unique smell to it. Once you smell it, you never forget it.
Showing 31-42 of 44