ForumsWEPRObama, Please Don't Authorize My Assassination

58 18929
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

This is a letter written by an american to Obama.
What are your thoughts about it?

• 58 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

A pretty vague question...

My general thoughts about it are:

1) Is the letter real?
2) Is what they are writing about real?
3) How do they know this information?
4) Where did this letter come from?
5) Why should we take it seriously?
6) If it is real, then who were some targets and why were they chosen?

Pretty much...I don't have any issues with known terrorists being assassinated. Now, suspected ones or bystanders being harmed during this I would have a problem with. There's not enough information in the letter alone to determine anything and it raises more questions than possible answers.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

This is where I come back from the dead to call this paper bull**** and then leave.

I call it bull**** because there is absolutely no evidence to what the writer is saying, and I have not heard of anything remotely similar anywhere else on the web.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

A predator Drone with Hellfire missiles? The government wouldn't need something that overt! What, they plan to kill him in the city? Collateral damage? Lies, lies, lies! Just another moron trying to get rid of Obama!

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

That was a symbolic letter written to Obama to stop drone attacks.
This link might help you

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/04/opinion/pakistan-drone-attacks-akbar/index.html
http://www.antiwar.com/regions/regions.php?c=Pakistan
http://original.antiwar.com/mcgovern/2012/10/01/silence-of-the-drones/
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/25/drones-wests-terror-weapons-doodlebugs-1

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

This is where I come back from the dead to call this paper bull**** and then leave.

I call it bull**** because there is absolutely no evidence to what the writer is saying, and I have not heard of anything remotely similar anywhere else on the web

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Yes, but that doesn't automatically imply that everything we don't have evidence for exists...

That was a symbolic letter written to Obama to stop drone attacks.

So it's as we all figured, not real. Stop drone attacks where and on what?
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

So it's as we all figured, not real. Stop drone attacks where and on what?

Drone attacks in FATA Pakistan
DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

Whatever the letter is real or not, is not the point.

Somebody wrote it, and have expressed hes view in it. Not did he only express hes view, but he also gave reason to why.

And yes, there is evidence for what he said. I would even go as far and say that it is a common knowledge. Everybody knows about the drone strikes, and it seems nobody cares about it. And it doesn't make it less wrong, just because some selfish people don't care.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Whatever the letter is real or not, is not the point.

Somebody wrote it, and have expressed hes view in it. Not did he only express hes view, but he also gave reason to why.

And yes, there is evidence for what he said. I would even go as far and say that it is a common knowledge. Everybody knows about the drone strikes, and it seems nobody cares about it. And it doesn't make it less wrong, just because some selfish people don't care.

At last a voice of reason!
DSM if other americans were like you, no one could hate america.
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

Everybody knows about the drone strikes, and it seems nobody cares about it. And it doesn't make it less wrong, just because some selfish people don't care.

And why should any American care? Those targeted are enemies of the US. Thus, if the end is the elimination of America's enemies, then the means are justified provided they achieve that end. As the later states, if that involves a Predator loaded for bear, then make sure you don't associate with the wrong individuals, lest you end up on the business end.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

And why should any American care? Those targeted are enemies of the US. Thus, if the end is the elimination of America's enemies, then the means are justified provided they achieve that end. As the later states, if that involves a Predator loaded for bear, then make sure you don't associate with the wrong individuals, lest you end up on the business end.

Enigma, to be honest, people like you can't learn unless they themselves become a victim.
These kind of actions create more and more enemies for America.
EnigmaX
EnigmaX
101 posts
Nomad

Enigma, to be honest, people like you can't learn unless they themselves become a victim.
These kind of actions create more and more enemies for America.

I have no reason to fear becoming a victim, if a would-be aggressor knows that American retaliation would be swift in bringing down the rotten edifice oF his delusional reality. To paraphrase Machiavelli: There can be hate, as long as there is fear.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I have no reason to fear becoming a victim, if a would-be aggressor knows that American retaliation would be swift in bringing down the rotten edifice oF his delusional reality. To paraphrase Machiavelli: There can be hate, as long as there is fear

There is difference b/w saying and doing.
The mentality you show is called jingoism.
AatosLiukkonen
AatosLiukkonen
66 posts
Nomad

It's better than sending 25 Navy SEALs in after every single one of them, no?

Drones have a much higher proportion of success than the media would like you to believe. There are a few mistakes, sure, but the benefits outweigh the risks. We don't target Abib the Bomb Builder, we target Ali the WTC plotter. The government doesn't much give a **** about low level guys, hence, we don't target them directly.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

It's better than sending 25 Navy SEALs in after every single one of them, no?

Drones have a much higher proportion of success than the media would like you to believe. There are a few mistakes, sure, but the benefits outweigh the risks. We don't target Abib the Bomb Builder, we target Ali the WTC plotter. The government doesn't much give a **** about low level guys, hence, we don't target them directly.

What about civilian causalities?
Showing 1-15 of 58